BMW X3M Deal Check

You said you had corporate fleet correct? So that is $1000. You should let him know that he should be using $3000 lease cash and $1000 fleet. Just tell him that based on your calculations with first payment due, you will be at $795… so throw in some rubber floor mats and you will be there Monday to pick it up.

2 Likes

@Bacons_C.C you are 100% correct, for whatever reason this did not get added and deal was calculated using Conquest. You are awesome man, thank you for pointing this out.

I’m going in for the kill. As someone said earlier, time is money and I’ve wasted a lot trying to figure it out on my own. Hopefully this has a happy ending. If not, I’ll take my place on the wall of shame and be a lesson for others.

1 Like

@Im_rdy

Just offer the above deal… It is a solid deal in this market and inventory situation… Especially in the midwest, and be proud that you did it yourself! Get the rubber mats… you will want them!

2 Likes

I agree take the deal but not too much to lose at this point to ask for a bit more. You’ll always wonder.

2 Likes

You can lose a great deal through greediness. It happens quite often. Sometimes you just have to know when to give in. 11 percent off and base mf is a great deal. But hey maybe you’ll be telling that to the person who comes in and scoops up the deal.

1 Like

There is always another deal. Depends on how bad/quickly OP needs the car.

2 Likes

You will not lose a great deal due to greediness. They keep making more cars! Whoa!

Supply may be constrained in this micro environment, but it’s absolutely not in the macro (unless you are buying cars over 250k sticker).

1 Like

Yes, greediness is an interesting way to describe it. Personally, I wouldn’t call it that. Not jumping the gun when I had the opportunity? Definitely. But greediness? No. If someone else gets the deal then it just wasn’t meant to be.

I want a new car. I don’t need one. Everything is a lesson learned. For myself, and others who come across this thread in the future. Anyways we’ll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for your input.

1 Like

I think that’s a solid deal in the Midwest. Congratulations!

So, what happened?!

The price didn’t change from the offer above (11.2% off MSRP, $3,000 in incentives, and less the $1,000 down payment that was added erroneously). Apparently I’m eligible for the BMW Corporate buying program and not fleet discount which has no discount on M cars.

I told him I was ready to put the deposit and I asked if he could throw in all weather floor mats. I also inquired about delivery (he said he could drive it to me for free although I’d probably just go get it). He said 10% off on the mats was the best he could do and that he said he was giving me the “first right of refusal” and that if I didn’t accept he was going to offer the car to someone named Mr. T.

I don’t really know if that’s how the first right of refusal works… Without me putting down the deposit I think he can sell the car to anyone at any given time but I understand. Anyways, I noticed my phone was being weird and not getting service. So I restarted it and saw he texted me a few more times. Apparently Mr. T has $-20k in equity and will take the car at MSRP. Whoever puts down a deposit first gets it.

I will refrain from posting updates until I have the car in my garage. If I don’t post again that means Mr. T got it and I’m still driving working a 2017 Porsche Macan with an Audi motor and VW window switches. I’m sure some of you are probably cursing me, so I’ll spare the agony.

Chances are pretty high there is no Mr T.

4 Likes

Yea, the “I’ve got someone else coming in tomorrow to buy this car” is a dealer game as old as time.

2 Likes

Ah Mr. T, son of Mr. B.S. of Springfield.

3 Likes

Haha. Very “convenient” for the dealer to try and pit you against an invisible Mr T.

2 Likes

Dealer didn’t think it through. There is no way the entire A Team is fitting comfortably in an X3. They would need at least an X7!

3 Likes

I PITY the fool

2 Likes

Only thing I believe from the dealer is that this sweet van has $20k in positive equity.

758ccfb9647462c408c020f38ee1ad04--movie-tv-movie-cars

2 Likes

Lol. The comments in this were gold reading through it for the first time. :rofl: :joy:

Haha, thank you guys… I’m literally cracking up! I’m going through some other stuff in my life right now (aren’t we all), this thread has really made my day.

Alright, so I’m happy with the deal and I’m planning to move forward. Below is the final deal w 7 MSDs. I’m checking all my P’s and Q’s, but I cannot get the calculator to add up. I’m getting $3,500 in incentives ($3,000 Lease Cash + $500 for conquest). However the calculator only adds up if I put the incentives at $3,000.

Any thoughts? The calculator wiki did mention the numbers may have to be slightly modified in order to get everything to match up. So I assume that’s the reason.