BMW M340xi $550, 36/12 DAS $4k - signed a to be built vehicle

Assuming this was agreed on yesterday and a deposit put down, chances are the build hasn’t gone into production by today. Not suggesting OP back out, just saying that unless the build is in production, dealer isn’t stuck with a vehicle. They can just cancel the order.

Yeah, I get that. It’s the principle though

1 Like

Agreed, which is why I said I’m not suggesting OP should back out. This is a good deal as others have said, especially for someone who was not aware of what they should be walking out with.

This is about in line with a deal on the M340i I got through a broker. Mine did have higher MSRP but you did good for going in blind and the first time.

1 Like

Agreed. Once again, sorry if I came across as someone who was going to ask for the deposit back.

phew! Good to know @Uzair_Haque

Also, congrats on your future car. It’s really an amazing vehicle that ticks almost all the boxes.

A bit of a bad news guys, the dealer sent me an email saying that they need 1500 deposit for them to do the deal at $550. :frowning: I’m so upset. The dealer asked me to either be okay with it or they can cancel. I was pretty disappointed at their response that I asked them to cancel. So I spent the day on LH and someone gave me a quote since I learnt from this post that I better ask first before signing. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

$1500 deposit to order the car and secure the deal?

A deposit is often customary when ordering a car.

2 Likes

Apparently. But they returned the deposit back to me, but do feel disappointed nevertheless (apart from my credit being hit already)

Sorry can you explain what happened again?

Maybe I’m being dense

Dealer asked for $1500 deposit to order car and secure deal

You paid it

Somewhere it was cancelled and refunded?

1 Like

Yep. I paid for it.

And then I asked for the breakdown, when they sent it… the numbers didn’t add up. That’s when the dealer said that I needed to pay an additional 1500 for deposit for me to get it at 550 a month. At that point they offered to either cancel the deal or pay 1500 to get the car at 550 a month.

Oh wow

That’s quite strange

So they changed the numbers by $1500 after agreeing to them?

It sounds like a down payment to get the monthly to $550.

1 Like

Maybe there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding but the deal remains as the original… 3 MSD which you get back plus the actual ~$4,475 DAS

1 Like

I just want to say a big thank you to this forum on helping me lease my first car.
I made a mistake going with a dealer who wasn’t great and then I found a broker on the forum that helped me get the deal I was looking for and the vehicle is now in production :smiley:

Pretty excited :smiley:

2 Likes

Just walk away

walked away from that. No etching with this dealer :slight_smile:

Share details of the lease

1 Like

It’s never too late to etch your way to peace of mind.

5 Likes