BMW Leasing Wiki

Does anyone know who at bmw to call if all dealers keep telling me code is invalid ?

This would imply they tried my code and would have applied it had it been valid. But I had 3-4 dealers tell me it’s invalid.

I attended the NY event in person, checked in and did the drives and got email with code after.

BS. I’ve applied OL codes to BMW loaners I currently lease.

But they tell me my code comes back as invalid. So maybe the code itself is faulty

I’ve had this happen too with a code, although it was a national event with the code issued at one dealer, and was trying to use it with another dealer. Are these codes dealer-specific?

When you register for an event it makes you pick 1 specific dealership. I hope it’s not the case that only they can accept the OL code.

I’m feeling very frustrated now that 3/4 dealers said code came back as invalid.

Did you get an Idea when is the best time? My lease is also ending in February and I’m looking for an X5 as well.

The best time to sign a lease will be the month immediately after you sign a lease.

6 Likes

Very true. Thank you for the insight. First time coming off a lease and will go into another one. How early should one start hunting for deals, and how early should one actually lease? Thanks

Coming off my 1st BMW lease here at the end of the month. You can start hunting about 1 month before – I found that to be optimal. Worst case, you can extend your lease another month or two through BMWFS, no questions asked. If you extend one month and you turn it in early you got prorated for the part of the month into the extension. So overall pretty risk-free – but check when your registration is due or next maintenance is due as you may need to pay some there if you extend.

This is important. I thought about extending my current lease till stock is back up, but then I’d have to pay another $650+ on DMV registration.

Did lease support end on the 2020’s? Someone on Edmunds mentioned this — seems surprising given its middle of the month?

Of course BMW has not ended lease support on all 2020 models, this typically won’t happen till sometime in Q1 to Q2 of the following year.

1 Like

Or just don’t register… I’ve driven 11+ months with expired registration

Thanks, that’s what I figured. The folks over at Edmunds seem to have some technical difficulties!

Not exactly the greatest advice in this thread… Let’s not encourage people to drive around leased vehicles without registration.

8 Likes

Don’t tell me that you actually buy car insurance too?

4 Likes

All I’m saying is, if you have a 3-5 month overlap where you don’t want to register it for that short of a period - the likelihood that you get pulled over is quite low, and the likelihood that you can talk your way out of a ticket is quite high, so why register for a full year in that case?

Even in the event that it’s a 1% probability that you get into an accident, the impact is significant to you for not having that registration. Multiply that probability times the outcome to see if the expected outcome is less than the small registration cost. And whether that’s worth the headache on top of everything else.

May vary by state, but at least in California, the dmv will take you to collections for that registration and the ridiculous late fees on top of it.

There is no “don’t pay the registration” option

Almost everyone i knew In NYS was driving with an expired registration. With Covid they didn’t require you register up until a about two weeks ago.