BMW i3S Lease Proposal

63% appears to be case for 12k miles. If that is the case you’d just change the residual to adjust for that. What you need to get from the dealer is the capitalized cost/selling price so you can see what the actual discount they are giving you is and/or ask for the lease worksheet.

Found this i3s today. Dealer has made an offer online. I like the car but not sure about the deal.
Thanks

BMW i3s
36mo lease 15k miles per year $2500 total due at signing $487+tax

MSRP-$56,545

INVOICE - $53,220

SELLING PRICE -$51,220

.00166 MF

55%residual for 15k

Includes $7500 rebate
I don’t qualify for 2500 CA rebate which could have taken care of down payment. Again I do not like to put money down on a lease. Not sure from this what percentage off msrp.
Thanks in advance. I may have a car with your help.

Seriously? You’ve leased so many cars before, but can’t even calculate that?

3 Likes

It’s roughly 9% off MSRP. Easiest way to determine that? Use the handy dandy calculator on this site! Or do the simple math.

Your effective monthly is $556/month…

I’m just looking for help. It’s why I have a CPA do my taxes. :wink:

Then why not to pay a broker to get a car?

1 Like

Thought that’s what this site was for to rate lease deals. All 8 asked for.

Looking for rating on a lease deal is a lot different than looking for help, so your past two posts are kind of contradictory…I found that I got fantastic feedback on my lease quote because I had done plenty of research on this site and and knew all the numbers (discount % off MSRP, capitalized cost, what my drive offs were, etc.) and posted those details so that people could give me very specific advice.

If you don’t want to do the legwork, it might be time to consider a broker. Also, if you don’t like to put money down on a lease, why do both of your quotes have money down?

Why not just let professionals to do it for you? You pay more to your CPA to do your taxes, rather than using TurboTax for $80.

Guess I’m in the wrong forum. Others simply post the deal offered and others rate it. I tried the broker route on here btw. He couldn’t find the car.

You don’t have any deals, get it?

This is one quote on one car. He emailed his deal. I made no request other than look for someone who had car in stock and 15k per year. So again I’m simply asking is this. Good deal or not?

Right, others post more detailed deals and get responses. It’s hard to rate your quote because there’s important information missing - someone skimming is probably more apt to respond if they can look at your quote and go oh, only 9% off MSRP? He could push for more, etc. rather than having to figure out what discount you’re getting.

Regardless, no, I don’t think this is a good deal. I think the biggest thing is figuring out what car you actually want and focusing your energy on getting the best deal on that particular model. Other brokers outside of this website also exist.

1 Like

Thank you and well said. Despite having a 1k deposit sitting on a Tesla 3 with still no delivery date, the i3s has been on my radar as a decent alternative. This car somewhat hard to find. Not all options I want but can live without leather and a sunroof. I’ve countered with ZERO drive offs and payments under 500 per month. I was told the may be a new incentive in the coming days to help get me there. Thanks again.

A colleague had no delivery date on his Tesla 3 for months and then all of a sudden in March within 3 weeks of getting a delivery date assigned, he had his car delivered to his doorstep. If that’s the car you really want and are in a position to wait, I say wait it out.

Best of luck with new incentives - hope you find a deal that works for you!

1 Like

You are…
mother-teresa

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So that must make you…

Where are you located or are you waiting on the smaller battery? I believe most people who is willing to get just LR should have the email by now.

Anyone negotiating 12-15% off MSRP before rebates on a 2018 i3/i3S?
Do people read old threads?

Explain please…

…?