BMW i3S Lease Proposal

That’s a good starting point. I’ll PM you to try to help you more with the specifics.

Fed tax credit for leases go back to the mfg

In ScoCal, my local dealer has offered a $55,800 i3 S at $430 a month, $1000 down (includes everything) for 36 months at 15K miles per year

He’s very up front about giving you horrible deals. Stop thinking this dealer is your friend or doing you a favor.

Well the numbers are correct. He just has a ton working against him. MF went up this month. He is picking the most expensive i3 that I have seen. Etc. Location might help. Where are you located.

I like the idea of the i3 too, but when I try to work a deal it always turns out like I am spending $200 extra on a car to save $100 in gas every month. Bolt is sort of the same way, except on that one I am I can pick any cheap car, and pay the gas and still be under the payment.

It actually goes back to the financing company. If it is leased/financed by a Credit Union, the credit goes to that institution. Of course, with BMW it is most like BMWFS.

What dealership? I’d like a deal that. Who do I call

I’m in Los Angeles area

12% on a new BMW is very difficult to find right now. BMW has changed it’s invoice/payment structure to dealers and how the dealer can make money in the last year or so. The main deals seen now on BMWs are confined to Demo’s and dealers which are chasing the back end money, which seem to be few and far between but are out there if you keep searching or if they are close volume wise at end of month you can see the bigger discounts. You’re getting almost a 8% discount already which isn’t that bad and better than most dealers will do on a new BMW, but because the only lease rebate on the i3 at the moment is the $7500 rebate (unless you qualify for loyalty) it’s not a car that will lease well for you unless you can find a demo with a massive discount. Even with a 12% discount you’re still topping $500/mo though as an FYI.

The folks getting sub $200/mo payments with nothing down generally qualified for at least $4000 in additional rebates ($2000 lease bonus, $2000 loyalty) plus another $1500 ($1000 OL Code, $500 Fleet) You’re at a $5500 disadvantage to the deals from just a couple months ago plus the MSRP on those car were closer to in the lower $50k range. If you can wait I’d definitely recommend that to see if they add rebates to the i3, 530e or 330e and/or look around for a demo that has a bigger discount.

2 Likes

Agreed. There’s a lot of weird information in this thread. I’m not sure why people are saying he’s not getting CCR when he’s already at 9% off of MSRP and he’s also probably paying an additional $33/m for the 15k miles. Right now he’s what, just north of 1%?

I definitely wouldn’t call this a terrible deal for this particular car at this particular moment. Compared to other makes and models however… then yeah it’s not very good.

I’m also shopping for a 2018 i3S (sport) Rex in CA. The best deal I’ve found so far is:

$489 month + Tax.
24 months lease @10,000 miles/year
$58,395 MSRP
$6,500 discount
0.00166 MF
$1500 down
$2000 Loyalty (current i3 lease)
$7500 Federal Credit
Hacker score ~8.6 years

This would be special order and they are willing to do a pull ahead on my current lease maturing in October. It’s very tempting but I might hold out for a better deal later in the year. It seems like overall i3 inventory is sparse and the i3s allocations are even tighter. Guess the days of a sub $300/month loaded i3 lease are over.

P.S. Huge thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and info.

Discount looks pretty good but Find an OL code for $1000 off. I definitely would not drive this car for $500 a month

Update on what I’ve found for those shopping for an BMW i3s (Sport):

$469 month + Tax, $1500 drive off
24 months lease @10,000 miles/year
$58,395 MSRP
$6,500 discount off MSRP
0.00166 MF
$2000 Loyalty Credit
$7500 Federal Credit
$1000 CCA Rebate $500 PG&E Rebate (offsets $1500 drive off)

1 Like

Nice. I’d want 15k. You in CA?

If this is CA you have to lease a minimum of 30 months to get the state rebate- not sure if that is the CCA Rebate you reference.

@kabcpab Yup CA. I might see if I can get 12k at least. @Tirpitz it’s the BMW Car Club rebate on i3. The CA state rebate isn’t available to us.

Those numbers don’t add up assuming a 64% residual on the i3s. Payment should be in the upper $300 range if you’re getting a $6500 discount. Not sure what your fees are but see below for sample calculation with a 6500 discount. The payment they’re quoting is more in line with a $4000 discount.

I think your numbers consider the $1500 post sale rebates as cap reduction. I’m using them to offset the $1500 drive off but agree I need to confirm the residuals.

The $1500 is only used as a reduction of the total cost of the lease. See below for example without the $1500 included. Still same payment but total lease cost is higher.

I’m calculating on a 63% residual as that appears to be standard right now for 24 month i3 leases. Am I capturing this the right way?