BMW Dealers Not Wanting To Deal Via Email and MSRP Pricing

Yep, Share a Deal was essentially a lease a BMW board a couple years back.

1 Like

Tinted windows was a bad analogy. Was trying to say I’m not driving it around for people to see me. Not sure where you live but half the Mercedes, BMW, Range Rovers here are tinted. I was saying in the past, before the pandemic rich people would walk in and pay MSRP with an inflated MF.

Yes you do have a crappy attitude. Your titled as industry folks and you just came to troll my name and imply I can’t afford to drive an X5. I asked to see if others in my area were having trouble like I am. Why not come and offer a solution or give advice if you are in the industry?

I’ll give a broker a try, tried one dealer in PA same thing. I’d rather get 6% from a broker then 1% from a dealer

Have you searched the marketplace offers?

Let’s be fair… you were given the solution to the problem in the very first response.

2 Likes

Never used a broker before, was a little apprehensive about it since I’ve seen some bad experiences with ones locally. Took time to read the reviews on all of them and figured it’s the best way to go now.

Someone was also nice enough to PM me two dealerships to try and email. I get him and the other person labeled as industry folks coming in to troll me for leasing a BMW instead of offering guidance. It’s called ask the hackrs right? I came with a genuine question.

Meme please.

4 Likes

You need some thicker skin for these forums. Industry folks doesn’t really mean anything. They’re just regular guys trying to make a good living. They’re not here to hold your hand or to leave any money on the table. They take a beating when it’s a buyer’s market and although I do think they’re acting pretty smug these days (salespeople in the auto industry as a whole), I can’t say I really blame them. How the turn tables have turned.

2 Likes

Did you not read the thread

I did. You can be bored at work and be a bored asshole at work at the same time lol. But I guess I would only be able to say “msrp” so many times before I lose my patience too.

2 Likes

And you were given a genuine answer, multiple times.

I think you’re confusing salespeople with management. most salespeople are actually struggling right now. they have nothing to sell and most pay plans are not aligned with selling for gross vs selling for volume. there’s a world of hurt out there.

3 Likes

Telling you from experience, that when you’re in consumer sales profession, you start to hate the customer, it’s even worse when you’re in an industry such as car sales.

I think after a point the constant negotiating & sales talk can take its toll.

3 Likes

No where did you imply or give the impression you were talking pre-pandemic and even still, “rich” people aren’t simply walking in paying MSRP by any metric of time. Most wealthy people have been buying cars a long, long time and know how it works. And there is a distinct difference between someone buying their 1st luxury car or their 10th in how much hand-holding they need and how they negotiate.

I did offer a solution. It was to change your name to NYC_VW since you implied you need a discount to afford a BMW. I am just looking out for your financial wellbeing and future.

If you want some honest advice, hire a broker. If you emailed 35 dealers and heard back from half, then your sales pitch is terrible. Pay your broker’s fee and move on with life if you think 7% is easily achievable.

Oh I’m sure these are lean times for lots of salespeople. I never said they’re feasting, I just made an observation that they no longer have the disposition to try to work to get a deal done. It’s basically been a “take it at msrp or leave it” approach. But like I said, I have no hard feelings. It can’t be fun dealing with a bunch of pissed off people saying “I will never pay msrp for a car ever! Take me off your mailing list!” People are predictable. And annoying.

Why should they go out of their way to get a deal done at a discount if someone else will pay MSRP?

Goes back to the discussion of always striving to be the easiest, quickest transaction you possibly can be if you want a discount. The more calories you make someone burn on your behalf, the more they want to be paid for it. The current market has just raised the tide of minimum effort cost.

Hehe… sorry, I’ll see myself out.

1 Like

“Mr. Customer, I can completely understand your hesitation towards paying MSRP for a new car. Would it make you feel better if I charged you $1000 over MSRP so you can avoid paying MSRP or I have a used car for $5000 over?”.

I said this to one customer I have great rapport with and closed the deal at MSRP. But this is a very much a know your audience close. Our dealer isn’t charging over MSRP for most new cars, so it makes it easy after they called 2 other dealers who were $5k+ over.

1 Like

I always say when you are running a business, you make a choice of how you want your customers to perceive you. when times are extreme (current is one example), & depending on how you treat them during the extreme times, they will repocricate accordingly when times are no longer extreme.

but I just hate that auto sales is such an industry where people just cant trust each other while trying to make a deal.

2 Likes

Something something dead horse.