BMW Dealers Not Wanting To Deal Via Email and MSRP Pricing

I have leased 2 BMW’s in the past all over email and I have never met the resistance I am getting now. One dealer flat out said they don’t know who I am and want me to come into the dealer. I have emailed dealers in a 1 hour and 40 minute radius of NYC for a 2022 BMW X5. 30-35 dealers I have emailed, 16 got back to me, 5 have actually given me a price. All of them at MSRP or 1% below.

Special shout out to Park Ave BMW in NJ. They are selling over MSRP, so go there if you want to get ripped off. I was told production is limited and almost non existent by Park Ave. Love BMW but this is beyond frustrating. I have seen others easily get 7% off MSRP on orders on other BMW forums. Anyone dealing with the same issue in NYC area?

Your better off dealing with a broker on the site or expanding your search out of state.

5 Likes

I’ve been dealing with NY, NJ, CT. Haven’t tried PA yet.

Dealers currently have most of the leverage due to supply issues, so it is understandable that some aren’t bothering to even respond to emails. They are probably able to sell pretty much any in-stock or order unit to a walk-in customer at MSRP or above, and that’s much easier. So it isn’t impossible, but it’s definitely harder than it was during your last leases.

I understand that it’s more prevelant now but I know in NYC area and SOCal they always have rich people that will walk in and pay MSRP. How long are you gonna sell at MSRP to everyone for?

These dealers ripping profits while reducing headcount

Don’t ask me what I saw at a Benz dealer is mornin

2 Likes

For as long as they can get away with it. I don’t like it either, but what’s the incentive for them to deal with haggling customers via email if they don’t have to right now?

Imagine yourself in their shoes: for the 10 cars that are still on your lot, would you rather answer each and every of the 500+ potential email leads that came in today, or deal with a walk-in customer who is ready to buy and doesn’t really care what they are paying?

1 Like

There’s literally a half dozen BMW brokers on this site. Why waste so much time sending out 30+ emails and the venting on here that nobody will go better than 1% off MSRP?

You’re creating more work and headaches for you when your solution is in the marketplace section of this forum.

8 Likes

You can’t tease like that. What did your elf eyes see

1 Like

Go with a broker from here!
I have had the same experience! They wont even throw in floor mats, LOL! I get Capitalism, dont get the Greed & indifference. Only way this attitude is gonna dum down, is if ppl stop buying and ride it out till things somewhat normalize. Even 3% off Msrp would be something I could live with.

Just get a G63 and you’ll be set

1 Like

You could always ditch the X5 idea and go with an amazing brand new Mitsubishi Outlander and cut your monthly payment in half. :rofl:

You’ve seen multiple orders at 7% off? Recently?

6% off a new build -

As recent as this month and last month Not in my area, but midwest and DMV area. People were also getting 3-4% off X5 M50i orders.

1 Like

Rubber shortage

Also, it’s not greedy to ask for MSRP (and get it).

If you’re paid on gross profit you want every last dollar. Who wouldn’t?

10 Likes

So order your car.

Order vs on-the-lot price discrepancy is big rn

4 Likes

Not park ave lol, they will spit in your coffee and ask you to say thank you :joy:. See if Big Q at NYClife has anything around you.

2 Likes

I am trying to order it. All those emails were for an order. All dealers I spoke with have allocations available now or next month they just won’t discount

any dealer who was doing x5s below invoice has a wait list of several months at this point. they are going to be expensive as hell now.

2 Likes