BMW corporate fleet

The dealer certainly doesn’t not need to sell the car at msrp minus fleet. But I wonder why the dealer told you that (sarcasm)

It wasn’t a dealer, it was @aronchi, actually. That’s why I’m curious if relatively transparent dealers like @BMW_Dave would know better.

Are you sure you’re correct? I would be incredibly happy to be wrong <yes, I know the car would not be free, this is derailing the discussion.>.

you would not end up with a near free i8. fleet does not stack on top of flagship money. just stop.

Yeah, I’m not disagreeing with you???

I definitely stacked fleet a few years ago w dealers discount. But haven’t tried recently. On most models fleet is similar to bmw lease cash so no benefit. But on the high end models it’s higher.

1 Like

But it doesn’t stack if the deal is already deep under invoice.

Spoiler: that will never, ever, happen. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning 6 times while going to collect your Powerball winnings.

Fleet changed Jan 1, so your program was completely different.

Not as of Jan 1. You are the only one eligible.

I believe this, but does anyone know the rule? Is there a rule?

1 Like

Understand it’s different, curious how it stacks with dealer and not manufacturer discounts. If dealer gives 12% off a new car pre incentives does it stack w corporate?

2 Likes

I know, my question for people like you and aronchi who are more knowledgeable than me is what you can apply it to.

Obviously at one extreme you can apply to full MSRP. Can you apply it with some discount? If so, how much? I understood the answer to be “only to full MSRP” but it appears that my understanding was incorrect.

I picked up my 2019 750i today.

Summary below is from info I got in pieces from shopping at a handful of dealers (plus the published Ts and Cs, of course):

CSP incentive on a 2019 750i is currently $13,500 (at least in suburban DC/Virginia, where I got my car). CSP as mentioned upthread doesn’t stack with anything else. This includes CCA.

I thought there was $12,000 in trunk money in the 750, but it’s actually a type of consumer incentive called a “Flagship incentive,” so it didn’t stack with CSP.

So it was better for me to take $12,000 Flagship + $1,000 Conquest, plus $1,500 CCA post-sale rebate than it was to take $13,500 CSP.

The $12,000 Flagship was included in the dealer discount on my paperwork, and I wasn’t taxed on it. Tax was based on an Ohio registration address.

1 Like

So that’s the answer. Flagship incentives + loyalty/other prob are never less than corporate

I don’t believe in “always” or “never,” but in my short time here I don’t recall any exemplary deals that wouldn’t have been possible without CSP.

Well, in 2016-17 there were many :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure BMW Dave mentioned that fleet was better than Lease Cash + conquest in most cases. But not as good as Lease Cash + Loyalty. If you have College grad, OL code or anything else on top of that then fleet is worse

Also, corporate is technically for new bmw owners only

This makes a lot more sense, thank you.

Confusing since dealer sales price can reflect lesser known incentives, not just discount.

It was annoying as hell to figure out, especially since I didn’t want to discuss it with anyone until after we agreed on a price without incentives.

It is still confusing for me. Even if the $12,000 is another sort of incentives, did you get any dealer discount on top of that? So for BMW, they have generous lease incentives sometimes but dealer always has discount from their own, right? Then dealer discount should still stack with CSP incentives, right?