BMW Canceled My Deal & Broker Won't Refund Broker Fee

, , ,

Every thread you respond to is to sow negativity…that’s a sad existence.

No brokers are coming to defense in fact all agree it should be rectified and quickly. In fact all that have responded would never let it get to this point.

6 Likes

the broker has many glowing reviews in the review thread, but so far three instances of being hard to reach after a problem arose (2 here, one on review thread)

You should also post in the review thread if there is no response. People should know who the good brokers are and the poor brokers. A broker may be very good at getting good deals, but if a deal does not happen (due to no fault of the customer) and there is no refund, that is a big issue.

1 Like

I think review threads are for reviews of successful or unsuccessful experiences, details, and even annoyances. Someone keeping money for services not rendered is not a “bad review”. Its a scam. And it might be a misunderstanding, then it can be cleared easily. No point in allowing others to potentially fall victim when the early warning is there.

Further down you can see a second instance. Is a pattern enough to just lock it? I am not saying there should be any other action other than locking the thread - at the very least it might help the broker prioritize their time getting back to existing customers instead of prioritizing potential new customers/marks.

Huh? I do not understand why people are making excuses for the broker. Broker can come in and explain what happened and refund the $ and/or say when they will. The silence is whats causing the problem. What people think afterwards is irrelevant - broker needs to do the right thing first, and then at least try to keep some reputation or identify how she will not have this issue in the future.

How about “I am terribly sorry and embarrassed. X happened and I thought it was under control. I have apologized to OP privately and I have refunded the funds. I am doing X, Y, and Z to make my process better and hold funds accessible and refundable until deal is closed.”

Doesnt seem that hard.

I cannot think of a situation where I cannot with 2 clicks on my phone refund someones payment through any of the multiple digital payment solutions. Lack of internet is not an answer. Lack of time is a poor excuse but buyable if broker bothered to communicate. A quick text “hey, stuck with this emergency - I’ll get you back soon”

After you have seen this before, you recognize a pattern. And this pattern is common for folks that don’t have the money to refund. I bet broker might even want to do it but they don’t have the funds for one reason or another. Ignore, then stall, then false efforts, then hope you can put together the cash. Send back and apologize. Or worse, pyramid that shit and collect from someone new to pay back a past one.

They are only deemed a crook if they do not respond and don’t make an effort to make it right. A dispute is just a dispute. This isn’t it - nobody, including the broker, have disputed the facts as written by OP.

If you don’t have the money, you don’t have the money. There is no reason. The math in the brokers head might be - “if i say I don’t have the money it puts in doubt the viability of my business”

+1

4 Likes

You may have missed the part where OP said that Zelle contacted him to let him know that the broker attempted to send the money back, to the wrong e-mail address. Shows an effort to me, on the part of the broker, to resolve the matter. So by your own statement, not necessarily a crook. A crook would likely not even try to send the money and come up with yet another excuse. Nevertheless, the onus is now back on her to get it to the right account.

I don’t know the broker, have never worked with her, but I do know that it really doesn’t hurt to give someone the benefit of the doubt, especially when her record here is overwhelmingly good.

2 Likes

The issue here should be resolved by OP and broker themselves, if that has proven futile then mods should step in. Just like you cannot sell fakes on Amazon or you’ll get deplatformed, you shouldn’t be able to scam people here without any oversight or investigation into these claims. Instead we have a lynching mob out here with the brokers reputation gone with the wind.

2 Likes

Simple fix to the Zelle issue, add the email address she sent it to and you will have immediate access to the refund. I have had to add an additional email in the past to access money someone sent to the wrong address.

6 Likes

Certainly. I would rather give my business to a LH reputable broker than a Yelp one. Hence I support keeping the brokers to a higher standard.

3 Likes

I’ve dealt with this broker last year to secure an M8 convertible and had a very good experience with her. After I didn’t get the initial approval from BMW FS through another popular broker on here, he was very dismissive and rude about it. Her and her dealer on the other hand spent hours on the phone with BMW FS for me, and clarified things to get the approval and secure the vehicle, which I am very grateful for.

I am also currently in the process of getting another car with her but haven’t spoken to her in a few days until this morning. As a matter of fact, when I called her earlier I could hear another call in the background and she told me that she was on hold with her bank to fix some issues she is having.

While it’s not my place or intention to make excuses for anyone, I do hate to see this internet mob mentality of grilling someone without knowing the full picture. This platform is not designed for every random user to become judge, jury and executioner. Especially when the targeted individual is someone with an overwhelmingly good track record on here and when people’s livelihood is at stake. This isn’t a game.

This issue should be resolved between the broker and OP and if it can’t be, then it can be escalated to the mods.

6 Likes

@alondori respectfully you should have left her a positive review if that was the case or IAC if that was your broker when you did the deal.

2 Likes

That’s true this is wrong, a lot of times people like to stir up sh*t and shouldn’t comment, it’s not the peanut gallery’s place to speculate what situation somebody is in.

I don’t agree with the woman part though. Man,woman, alien, etc etc, You are running a business, sh*tty customer service whether you are a man or woman is unacceptable and we shouldn’t treat women with kid gloves.

3 Likes

I can remove the woman part but in a male dominated forumn and industry its fair to call out lets give her the benefit of the doubt. I was not referring to specific genders get a pass to ripoff. Im sure shes not ripping anyone off…i will happily refund the $500 so we can end the pile on.

2 Likes

Read the other comments here. There are already speculations of the broker’s “excuses” which already seem unforgivable. The broker needs to apologize to
OP without questions.

You think the broker should provide an apology to the Lh community and post here, yet you’re listing a list of unacceptable excuses. I’m happy that you said “You cannot think” of situation. I would like to politely inform you even if you don’t care to agree.

I use Zelle across 6 different banks and when I fill out an application, I am not thinking through which bank I use to determine the email. OP could’ve provided information that was not affiliated with Zelle and broker could’ve easily sent the money there. From my experience, my account was debited, however the money never made it to the receiver. The receiver, if they constantly check whatever email would get a notification of incoming funds. At the point, I assumed that the money went through. (The broker & OP knows more about their communication gap than I do) The broker has to do better if the Op’s messages were lost amount other texts etc. If the OP rightfully decide to not set up another Zelle, which can be an inconvenient, the sender needs to cancel the transaction. This has also caused me to have issues immediately sending money and even had my Zelle access restricted for suspicious activities.

( Again, communication is the key between OP and broker so I can’t say much there)

As mentioned, from my experience, this further affected my account from even sending the money immediately to the right account.

How about my funds are currently frozen and it might take 7-10 business days. Would that be acceptable to you?

See above comment. I thought it would’ve been a simple fix but my account was frozen for suspicious activity and I had no idea what’s suspicious.

Maybe it is bank specific, I don’t know. I use Chase and it was a 2 minute simple fix.

What most likely happened is that OP sent correspondence to the broker from the email address she tried to refund. She obviously didn’t pull it out of thin air.

Again - this is between the two parties as the broker is obviously not refusing to refund OP

1 Like

I didnt miss it. And maybe im not a frequent Zelle user - but that “effort” is not enough. If i owe someone $, i try relentlessly to pay it back ASAP. I do not know the broker and have nothing against them at all. IMO the benefit of the doubt went out the window when she has time to talk to new prospects but not people she owes money to. Its not that she didnt pay it back, its that she couldnt even talk to the OP about it until OP posted here. We are not attacking their character, they are showing it off.

Well the broker was MIA, hence why OP posted here. It had proven futile.

You know what happens when a complain like this arises on Amazon? Amazon will delist you and ask you to verify all the information. The you can go back to selling. This is not just a bad experience or a disputed fact - until broker pays the $ back (or within reasonable time), its a scam.

Imagine the OP had not posted. Another user with the same experience might have gone longer without posting.

Unforgiveable to some and understandable to others. Some minds you cannot change, but it is not to their benefit. It is to the benefit of the broker’s reputation and the community.

100%. And I do not even care why they are frozen. But broker didn’t say that to OP, for 10 days. How about also providing a timeline for payment. Or telling OP to chargeback or dispute charges as that may be fastest way to get back.

Bad communication is not an oopsie. It is a character trait. Not good or bad, but a trait anyone should evaluate when doing business. I wouldn’t hire a contractor, mechanic, plumber, accountant, lawyer, etc that has bad communication. Just excusing this behavior as “bad communication” is not a good way to brush it off.

1 Like

I’m really not defending anyone.

I just don’t think any of the brokers I know are stupid enough to jeopardize their entire business over $500 especially when there is no arguable point from their end (not being able to deliver the car as is required by their job).

I think OP handled this beautifully.

I think the broker can learn from this re communication and prioritization based on the feedback received here.

6 Likes

That’s as much of a speculation from the broker’s side of things as everything else from customer’s side.

There are a few distinct threads happening here. There is piling on thread, there is trying to make a point thread, there is a blind defense thread.

The point I was trying to make, and I still stand by it, is that it seems that the broker in question is floating the money they don’t have from client to client while resorting to “tricks” to seem like they are trying to solve the issue. My theory is based purely on the fact that they sent a refund to the wrong place and then disappeared again. I understand your point that it would be stupid for a broker to tank their business over $500, but it seems that there are at least 2 people, so we are up to $1000, and we don’t know how many more are involved. There is a good chance that the broker is looking at a long line of refunds and they just don’t have the funds to clear all of them.

Again, complete speculation on my part. However, had the broker, if they are even remotely concerned with their reputation on the site, came in here and said guys, everyone is getting refunds, I’ll talk to each customer separately. Great. Under normal circumstances, that wouldn’t be required and would be handled broker to customer, but since it did get out of hand and made it into public forum, addressing said forum becomes the requirement, IF the reputation is important.

Even if they do this now, I’m sure that there are people here who are literally just want to participate in the torches and pitch-forks mob, and nothing the broker can do will calm them down, but to me personally, and that’s the only person I can speak for, that would be completely enough. And to head off the question of “who the f are you to matter”, no one, but seeing how this is a public forum I’m sure other people read it as well.

2 Likes

Are you alleging a Ponzi scheme? Are you OK man?

9 Likes

Oh man, this thread has totally derailed at this point. I think OP and the broker should handle things as between themselves from this point forward. OP has received plenty of information he can use to resolve this for himself, and the broker is (I’m sure) well aware of this thread and can respond if they need/want to. There is zero benefit to anyone speculating any further anymore. We are making assumptions upon assumptions, which is totally unproductive and useless at this point. OP - good luck!

2 Likes

I just want to reply to this specifically and this is not about anyone in this thread, nor their business.

A surety bond is to protect the customer against the insolvency of the broker/brokerage.

8 Likes