BMW Canceled My Deal & Broker Won't Refund Broker Fee

, , ,

UPDATE

I received my refund at 2:29 PM today.

A lot of opinions have been expressed on this thread so I just want to clarify a few things to the broker as well as fellow members. At no point have I implied that the broker is a crook or is having financial issues. The truth is that I had a great experience with the broker up until June 12th. He/she seemed to work very hard to get me a better deal than any other broker was able to get me. He/she also seemed to really try to get me the exact features I wanted once it appeared as BMW was removing them from my build. Even then, the issue I had on June 12th was that I felt that the broker should have told me her/himself that my deal was canceled instead of having me call the dealership to receive the information from someone else.

At that time, I had absolutely no concern that I wouldn’t receive my refund. I accepted the broker’s representation that he/she was having banking issues that may require a few days to resolve. I sent a reminder text a couple of days later and broker repeated the banking issue. I will admit that I was a bit annoyed at that point because had the roles been reversed, I would have found a way other than Zelle to refund the money, or at a minimum, initiated all communication to ensure that it was clear that I was working towards a resolution.

It wasn’t until another 3 days went by without word that I thought that I might have a problem on my hands. That concern increased when I sent another text reminding the broker about my refund and I didn’t get a response. I waited another 4 days before contacting the broker again. This time I called, left a message, and still didn’t get a response. I didn’t know what else to do other than to post here for some guidance. I was aware of my option to post directly on one of the broker’s threads but I didn’t want to out them. Even until now, I haven’t said who the broker is and have even tried to hide their gender.

As previously stated, the broker has refunded my money. An explanation was provided about continued banking issues. I’m going to accept that explanation as true. However, it does not excuse the lack of communication. I’m a patient man when I need to be. A simple, “hey I haven’t forgotten about you” would have avoided this entire conversation.

The worst part about this entire experience is that it completely defeated the whole point behind using a broker…CONVENIENCE. I hope that others have a better experience than me when dealing with this broker and other brokers in the future. I expected better service when attempting to purchase a $95k vehicle.

40 Likes

You must have missed the part where he says this is a typical tactic of crooks trying to make it appear as though they are attempting to return the money. Moreover, the broker became a crook when she failed to return the money after the deal fell through and went AWOL refusing to respond to the opie’s messages. If I rob a store then get caught and try to return the money it doesn’t make me any less of a crook.

1 Like

That’s fair it is male dominated, my point was what’s wrong is wrong and what’s right is right, I have no dog in the fight so I’m not gonna jump in and speculate, just wanted to point out that all brokers should be treated the same. On the other hand there are some scumbag customers too so I get it. (Speaking in general not referring to OP, seems like he’s very transparent and has gone about this as carefully as possible)

At this point this thread is…

1 Like

Which doesn’t do anyone any favors.

This thread was a dumpster fire inside of a train wreck. Not posting a review for the broker denies the next potential customer information that could be important to their decision as to which broker to use. The broker acknowledged seeing this thread. Not posting the review gives her a free pass to ignore it.

I’m glad you got your money back.

1 Like

this is linked in the review thread, so nothing to be concerned about in that regard.

1 Like

He’s a crook, she’s a crook, everyone’s a crook!

You have no idea, and neither do I, nor does anyone else, as to the broker’s intention when she attempted to send the money. So stop speculating and trying to tarnish the name/reputation of someone you don’t know regarding a matter to which you have no vested interest.

EDIT:

@hd908 so what do you have to say now.
@Rafael it seems you handled this with true professionalism. I am glad this was resolved for you.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t think you would go through a broker for a custom order? Is there a point to that?