BMW 745e M-Sport - $565/Month $2500DAS

Sigh.

On one hand, I’m happy for you and the deal you got. It’s spectacular.

On the other, if you found out about this dealer because of Mike (and not sheer coincidence, which I doubt given that you dropped his name), the menschy thing to do would be to pay his fee of $649, IMO. Even with that it’s a sub-$600 payment on a 105k car.

Everyone else may feel differently, but that’s what I would do.

10 Likes

No not really. I service my car at the same dealership (BMW X5) and I stopped in to look at cars. Another member on here got his unicorn deal and I was hoping for same. I never showed dealer his numbers or anything. I was just being cordial with the sales manager saying “Mike was right about you guys making this all easy and great to work with”

If he wants to post about he’s mature about not name dropping me, I don’t give two shits. Mike didn’t also state that we got 4 cars from him last year with all broker fees paid to him. I could have gone to the dealer directly to get same deal but I just referred my family to go through him. Like I said always different sides of every story

1 Like

Noob here, looking to find a unicorn deal as well. Trying to take in and understand all the different type of incentives out there. What is OL?

And for Penfed discount, do I just get it by joining the membership?

There’s a sticky here where someone “screen shotted” the rebates and what can and cannot stack.

Too lazy to search for it but you’ll find it…

2 Likes

Am I the only one here who is confused? You said in another thread that you “didn’t want to end up with two cars” and that you had ordered an X3 M40i…through @nyclife.

1 Like

BMW’s trade like Pokémon cards on the schoolyard.

4 Likes

@anon46843959

You got one hell of a deal on that car and it’s impressive you got the full OL coupled with such a strong discount.

You’ll for sure enjoy that car and there will be plenty of room for a growing family.

Enjoy in good health

11 Likes

If BMWFS decides to follow Merc’s lead a lot of people might end up with garages full of Pogs instead.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for that pitchfork thread.

2 Likes

PenFed should be type J. Type J and OL do not stack. AEB19984-C790-486D-99A7-FDC8ACE9EBD0

4 Likes

I’m positive it does as I believe the PenFed rebate gets paid out by BMW Financial directly to the dealer. It’s nothing out of their margin. Been done plenty of times by people reporting.

Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

1 Like

This is accurate. Purchase rebate it is NOT a post purchase rebate and does not come out of dealer.

1 Like

:point_up::point_up::point_up: What they said.

3 Likes

You need to be a Penfed member for at least 60 days (not ifs and buts) to take advantage of the additional $500 incentive. More info here: PenFed Benefits - Up to $2000 AUDI MB FCA JEEP (usually $500 towards leases).

3 Likes

4 cars were my dads, brothers and 2 family members.

COVID happened so we pulled out of the deal with Quentin and lost the retainer but it’s fine

1 Like

Usually they don’t give a “rando walkin” Especially without prior negotiation,
The same blowout deal they are giving a broker. As they pay a salesman, extract the most profit etc. I have a tough time believing you just mentioned his name

5 Likes

I walked out on their initial offer and was going to go with another dealer in NY. They called me back next day… “here what we will do” type of thing. They had raised money factor at .00139, only 18% off, and laughed at me asking for 20% off.

I actually get my car serviced there and bought my last x5 with them so not a random person.

Don’t want to hijack this unicorn deal thread (congrats on that) but can some others confirm or refute this?

If it has worked for other people getting a dealer to stack OL & PenFed, how were you able to convince them to do it? I guess OP can answer that too…

I didn’t ask for any convincing, I just handed it over to them. Like others said, they probably eating into their profits on the car to make end of the month quota

There is no convincing. The programs are the programs. However, not every manager understands them or they try and slip something through. If they get caught (high likelihood), then they have to eat that rebate or re-sign the deal.

From the program’s bulletin itself:

This offer cannot be combined with the Center Employee (Retail Types A/Q), DRIVE (Retail Types R/Q), Corporate Fleet (Retail Types G/S/ H/T), USAA (Retail Type J/M), Daily Rental (Retail Type I), Limo and Hotel Shuttle (Retail Type L) or any event-based OL certificates.

3 Likes