BMW 330i Lease Return with only 6000 miles. Do I have any bargaining power?

Just follow the usual leasing strategy to pay as little as possible on drive off.

1 Like

Does the new lease itself make sense? How much to put down is secondary to that question

1 Like

The 330i is not an EV.

OP mentioned new 330, I suggested a 330e would likely fulfil his requirements given his equity and federal tax credit. So not sure why you say California has no tax credit and 330i is not an EV given that OP is not even in California and everyone knows 330i is not an EV. I have no dog in this fight so I’m out.

1 Like

I am actually in CA. The 330e would qualify for I think 5800 federal tax credit. Not sure about state credits. I probably can’t afford a bmw in this market. I’m trying to lower my payment down from 475 to at least 375 so I’ll need to probably go with a cheaper brand. Also to add insult to energy it turns out my apartment charges $200 a month for a parking spot with a charger so EVs and Plug-in seem like a non starter.

Turns out some were right my equity is not as much as suggested. A Kia dealer offered me 31K. A BMW offered me 32K. I mean 4 grand in equity on a lease is pretty nice still but given how everything is marked up it kind of cancels out.

1 Like

Kia Forte, put 4k down, finance the rest, should bring it down below $400 a month.

yeah was thinking about it but I went to a Kia dealer today and they were marking up all gas cars 5k and their hybrids were marked up 10k, plus a bunch of BS dealer add ons like GPS tracker and paint guard. They wanted to give me a Kia Sportage EX(gas) FWD for 5000 down and 3k on trade in for $469 lease for 10k/36 months. Fuck that. But checking out some of the dealers here, they seem to have better deals on paper at least.

1 Like

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/kia-lease-pricing-ca-the-original-kia-thread-limited-time-blowout-check-thread/222824/571

Lol serious? Kia gas cars 5k above msrp?

I just bought a Civic for 1k ADM and 1k accessories (not completely worthless), I’ve seen broker here offer Forte at MSRP, and I think the civic is much tougher to get which leads me to believe the Forte can be had close to MSRP. OP might have to look harder or ask some brokers that do Kia’s.

Yeah I’m certain there’s deals to be had, that was just one greedy dealer. I’m still looking!

1 Like

More dealer fuckery. The LACarGuys Honda dealer in Santa Monica advertises on their website “No Dealer Markup” but their express store adds a $6000(!!!) dollar “All Season Protection Plan” to the car.

4 Likes

They can ask. You don’t have to pay or play. I went to several Audi dealers until I found one with no Adm or protection plan.

Well finally took it to auto nation to get appraised. They actually honored their online quote of 36,500 giving me about 9k equity. Only problem is can’t sell it till I have something new lined up and it’s still pretty abysmal. Checked with a few brokers here. No one’s doing KIA local at msrp. Seems like I might be able to get a Toyota or Hyundai gas at msrp though. Don’t think I can afford another bmw or other luxury brand either. I’ve run a few deals through the calculator and the lease deals don’t seem worth it. No one seems to have the trims I want as well. Probably need to lower my standards and expectations a good bit in this market but hard to justify dropping thousands of dollars on something I don’t love.

4 Likes

Since you only drive less than 200 miles in a whole month why not use the equity and pick something up from the 10k and less car thread?

actually this past 3 years was a bit of an outlier due to pandemic, realistically I drive about 6k miles a year. I have considered something like what you’re proposing but I know very little about cars and would be pretty worried about reliability.

1 Like

where did you get civic? cheapest i’ve found around here is 6K in blessings. Thinking of buying national and shipping.

1 Like

What about the broker that was linked above?

Their post clearly states they don’t do deals at msrp

@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto has some non-hybrid Toyotas at MSRP plus broker fee.

1 Like