BMW 330i Lease Return with only 6000 miles. Do I have any bargaining power?

I second the Leaf idea.

Dispose of your 330 in the most profitable way possible. Get a Nissan Leaf, preferably with the larger battery pack, for NMAC’s 18-month lease term, and see if you like the electric car experience without paying out the rear end.

1 Like

Same boat but I have the ix and pay less than you; going to have to buy mine since it’s waaay cheaper than any other options on the market

Wasn’t the iX just released recently?

Not that recent I have a 19

You must be referring to the 330i Xdrive, not an actual BMW iX which is a brand new EV.

That’s correct I’m referencing the OP

Sell it to AutoNation. I was in a very similar situation recently. I sold my 2019 330 with 14,500 miles to AutoNation Valencia two months ago and walked away with a check for $5,500. Pretty easy transaction other than spending a few hours at the dealer.

1 Like

Bro, you the one who must reconsider misinformation. OP is reporting payoff of 28k and kbb of 38 to 41k. And I said trade in to Nissan dealership affiliated with BMW. :microphone: :droplet:

Hehehe. Poster must be a BMW advanced engineering employee who gets models 3 years before release date.

1 Like

Equityhackr came back at $33,000
Autonation at $36,500
KBB Instant Cash at $37,000
Edmunds at $33,000 in Outstanding condition
Carmax at $35,0000 (though they can’t technically buyout the lease)

I’m going to reach out to some of the dealers in the marketplace next and take it into some local dealers. Also these are all pre-inspection, so might not be final offer.

They called AWD models ix’s before the nomenclature changed to xDrive in ~2009. Old school BMW lingo there.

1 Like

In the USA it was called xi not ix. Eg bmw 330xi. 530xi.

That’s like money in the bank. Congrats for having that much equity on a 2019 330. Honestly don’t know how that happened. I have 0 equity in my 2021 m340

1 Like

Ah yes, I was stuck in the 80s. Thinking of that old 325ix.

1 Like

Assuming you’ve sorted out a new ride, I’d do this immediately. Before they get a chance to rethink.

2 Likes

The OP never drove it.

Making 34 payments to never drive a car is not something you’d want to replicate.

2 Likes

Yeah I was literally in a different state for a year and a half which is 8500 dollars in lease payments but I guess if I can get that deal then at least I get that money back.

1 Like

No tax credits in CA.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Follow up question: If i get this $8000 do I roll it into a new lease? Does that make any sense? Or should I pay as little as possible?