Best Swapalease Deals Thread

For a lease takeover the seller is not paying any money to BMW. Any incentive offered is paid by the seller directly to you the buyer.

You need to discuss terms of the payment, escrow service, etc. Otherwise it’s a bit of a chicken and egg scenario. Seller isn’t going to just send you $17k without at least starting the paperwork, credit check etc., and you’re not going to start the process without at least some verification or guarantee that you’ll get the $17k.

Have you ever used escrow on a lease transfer? My guess is no

Ya I was a bit worried with a check that size. Obviously I would have preferred having the check in hand but to many things can go wrong and this is what the seller wanted, I am sure it protects him too. So at the end it really is all the same but much safer this way. If the check doesn’t get to BMW then I just don’t send in the notarized paperwork… but he said he fedexed its so I will check on Friday and make sure funds were received and cleared then send in the paperwork. This guys payments were $1,689 for an X5!? Wondering if they rolled in negative equity or something? Either way zero down for an X5 and payment of $729 a month for 16 months sounds good to me. Especially right now. They have no new cars and the used ones are flying off the lot…

1 Like

Yes that is what I thought too. I took over a Rangerover lease a while ago and got a $5K check it was sent to me. At first I was a bit upset about the check going to BMW but spoke with LeaseTrader and they said they prefer it that way now because of the large amount. I thought about an escrow company too but figured BMW is fine as long as we communicate. Yes we are fully approved, the seller got his copy of the paperwork and we got ours but we aren’t signing it until that check is in the BMW account so we don’t get stuck with a monster payment that we didn’t intend on… kinda sketchy but figured it is less risk this way…

1 Like

I guess the $17k is just considered a pre-payment on the account, bringing the effective monthly payment for the remaining months down to the $729 if you paid it equally.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll agree on that, only 1 picture as well, trying to save money with a cheaper listing possibly? I like how he put the phone number in the description.

not a bad deal at all, assuming fully loaded or lots of options ticked?

You can obtain the original contract by asking the original leasee or if you assume the car bmw fs will give it to you upon request.

1,200 a month x5. That’s a winner.

C43 for sub $500 after 2k incentive.

2 Likes

Can’t transfer MB anymore no? People made a big stink.

https://www.swapalease.com/help/lease-company/mercedes-benz-financial

4 Likes

Wow that’s awesome!

1 Like

Honestly great for WFH. I barely do 5 miles a day.

How is this?

Swapalease requires premium membership just to view sellers contact details.

Gm is very tricky when you judge swapalease.

No out of state transfers so it’s a tough market to begin with.

With that being said factoring in the low miles + down payment of $1000 this is an effective $410/mo, there is another xt5 at $380/mo (actual payment $430+ 1000 incentive)

So I would say the black one is better, + more miles.

1 Like

Mustang $340/mo this is a unicorn lease swap even if it’s only an ecoboost.

5 Likes

Does this allow for unlimited buyers info?

I have a membership that I bought years ago but now it says like 3 left.

I haven’t used it in a while but it used to be if you asked a seller a question you were able to see the info without it counting- they seemed to have tightened that up now

Just call them and they will reset your contacts back to 10.

You can call them as much as you want, they seem to want to limit spammers and robots, but hey its free so doesn’t hurt.

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks!

2018 320i $283/mo 1300 miles/mo.