Best insurer for California Leases

I know there will be no one answer to this question, but who do people use for their car insurance?

I’ve been with aaa for sometime and am happy with their service. However getting pretty fed up of their prices on lease vehicles.

Insurance companies don’t charge different prices for “leased vehicles” - your rates are based on where you live, make/model of car, and your driving record. They don’t care if it’s leased or financed. Either way - there is no one carrier that is always cheapest so you need to shop around.

1 Like

Quite a bit of auto insurance discussion over the past year or so, in other threads:

You can also click on the Insurance tag you added to your post…

Almost every answer you’re going to get is going to be something like:

I use _______ because it’s only $ _______ [monthly / semi-annually / per year].

It’s extremely popular to buy this type of product from the lowest bidder, the same way you’d choose a heart surgeon or an estate planner.

I went through most of these threads yesterday (search), as I was wondering the same.

Got a bunch of quotes already, but Geico so far is the cheapest.

Cheapest to most expensive (for me):
Geico
Progressive
Liberty mutual
AAA (NorCal)
Ameriprise (Costco connect)

Still waiting for quotes to comeback from
eSurance / direct auto
Safeco

1 Like

Thanks all that’s helpful. Am I right thinking there’s no quicker way to shop around than literally go to everyone one of the big insurers directly? I know in other countries I’ve lived in there are brokers who cover different insurers.

There are insurance brokers as well in California. The last auto insurance broker I worked with gave me a “too good to be true” rate, because he didn’t actually do any work and when I signed up it ended up being incorrect coverage and pricing. So you still need to do your due diligence.

1 Like

Try Wawanesa, their rates are usually quite low. They sell direct. One possible downside for some is that their max UI coverage (100K?) does not meet most umbrella policies minimum underlying limits.

Amica has never done me wrong

Some brands sell through exclusive agents (only represent one carrier) like State Farm - so for those, you’ll have to contact each one individually.

A lot of other carriers sell through independent agents (represent many carriers) so you could get multiple quotes through one agent. You can find independent agents in your area here: California Independent Insurance Agents | Trusted Choice

3 Likes

Thanks that’s great

You can try Jerry (affiliate link) to compare shop. They don’t have all the insurance companies, but it’s a convenient place to start.

2 Likes

I need someone that is reliable home insurer as well. Anyone have it bundled?

I’m getting crushed by auto insurance in SoCal and need to shop around. Not looking forward to all that work and having my phone and email blown up.

Can anyone recommend a great independent insurance agent for SoCal / LA?

1 Like