Best electric SUV car to purchase?

Looking to lease or purchase depending on price an electric SUV. I’m also considering hybrid

Here are my options

1. Tesla model Y (most expensive option, is it really worth it??)
  2. Highlander hybrid
  3. Mach E- really hard to find so haven’t test drove
    Any others to look at?

I’m looking for reliability. I drive 80 miles/day- 4 days a week for work. I’m driving my husband crazy with what I want so any feedback would be appreciated!

If you’re considering a phev, I’d look at the sorento phev.

VW ID4, i love mine

1 Like

Check out the Ioniq 5. It’s SUV BIG and eligible for the $7500 rebate. Currently a better buy then lease too.

Highlander isnt an ev, its a full hybrid, no plugs

For reliability I’d go for RAV4 Prime or Prius Prime. Toyota hybrids have been the most reliable starting with the first Prius and their PHEVs are an extension of that know-how. They are also very efficient even beyond pure-electric range. Second I’d look at the numerous PHEV offered by Hyundai and Kia.

EVs are a lot more unpredictable. Tesla are not known for reliability. Everyone else has some teething issues because it’s a new technology for them with brand new platforms. Mach E has teething issues. Audi Etron had teething issues. It’s just inevitable.

Look for the new Tesla MY SR+, shipping out of the new Austin factory with the 4680 battery. If you can live with the decreased range, it will be a more price competitive option, if that’s the only thing holding you back.

I still have a Prius prime available at msrp in the northeast if interested.

Jim
215-359-6836

Prius’s are now considered SUVs? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A prime at msrp might change their mind…

1 Like

I guess no Rav 4 Primes eh?

Last one I sold went for 5k over

The problem with Tesla is that their delivery dates are entirely out the window.
The estimated delivery date of the Model Y LR reservation I have updated this morning to show 9/15 - 11/10. I’m fully expecting it to be pushed out, and maybe even till 2023.

1 Like

296 Model Y have been dropped, with immediately availability, to the inventory list this month and we still have two weeks to go before end-of-quarter. You don’t need to order and wait…

1 Like

True, there have been a ton of demo and inventory drops recently… just a question of pay current prices or wait to get one at the price(s) locked in pre-hike :grin:
It’s been wild out there, MY’s and M3’s going fast

1 Like

Curious: when did you order, and how many price adjustments have there been since?

MYP - ordered 1/15, had two price increases ($1k, $3k).

MY LR - ordered 3/14, right before the $3k increase (thanks to @z0lt3c’s article share :grin:). It’s far out enough that I can plan ahead for it.

2 Likes

Order a MY LR 3/1 but decided to go with MYP - now I’m stuck paying higher price - I’m looking to take delivery of MY LR in August and flip to cash out - what’s best route. Is there a thread on LH for that?

You can edit your build configuration and upgrade to the MYP

See

https://mobile.twitter.com/sawyermerritt/status/1505374845470654467?s=21

You can come talk flipping on our discord thread;

Wow that’s great!! I had called when I got my M3 LR and they told me no but i’ll definitely try again! Thank you