Be prepared to pay sticker PRI$$$$E!

Check out Kitchen Appliances. Ordered a kitchen package back in March 2 out of 4 items got delivered. The refrigerator got pushed back twice with June 19th and now till July 21st. I ended up ordering another one last week which showed in stock and delivery in 1 week… Only to find out that its now pushed to next week as well :expressionless:

2 Likes

Everyday I wait to lease my second car, I’m saving probably $20 (assuming $400 lease + insurance + registration + washes…not including gas or possible accidents).

This shortage lasts till August (when I’ll definitely need a second car when school resumes), I’ll have saved $1500-2500.

I’m OK rolling the dice till then. If not, I’ll take ubers everywhere till it does.

4 Likes

Problem is if the incentives get worse (strong trend already from January on) and manufacturers decide to increase the base prices for desirable models for MY22, you’re left with maybe $500 worth of savings and you’re yet to account for three months of Ubers.

1 Like

That’s a lot of ifs…if there is one thing I’ve learned in life, it’s not to try and guess what the future holds…you’re almost always wrong.

Not sure what three months of Uber’s your talking about…from August to October?

I think he misread your ubers statement as you are taking ubers while waiting, not that you’ll take them in the future if you can’t find the 2nd car.

So which one is it? Looks to me like we’re both guessing the future, only that my guess was based the trendline of incentives going the wrong direction from factual data January onwards. Also, while we’re both still guessing the future, this shortage is not going to be over by August.

I’m not guessing the future (read the full sentence, not just the first part)…but in August I’ll most likely need a second car which is why I used that month.

Trendlines are looking in the past (much like technical stock analysis)…a piece of the puzzle, but too often used incorrectly and often fairly useless going forward.

We just had the May data point added to this fairly useless trendline. Maybe it will continue to be useless till August.

You made a definitive statement about shortage lasting till August because that’s when you would need the car - if that’s not trying to guess a future event I don’t know what is. Anyways, bickering with you about your choices wasn’t really my intention for the day, so good luck with your car hunt or ubers, whichever your deep expertise in shortage ending supports.

1 Like

My sentence was a conditional sentence. Show it to an English teacher and then let’s talk.

I didn’t bother putting an “If” at the beginning, but clearly I should have!

I don’t see how shortages are gone my August. Production is slowing down and demand is still high, my opinion is that it gets worse over the summer, maybe starts getting better 1st or 2nd quarter of 2022.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you extend the lease knowing the market we are in right now?

I heard people are waiting months for new refrigerators. It’s insane how the complete supply chain for all goods is completely upside down

You were right. Horrible month for all car shoppers.

My Acura dealer said the crunch for him was so bad they will see less than 10 new RDXs arrive through early summer

i lit a yorzeit for my acura dealer today.

8 Likes

My wife hated the BMW.
I HATE HER.

1 Like

I walked away with $5500. on a 2019 Traverse lease 15,000 miles. Several interested dealers. Used cars are in short supply because no trade-ins, due to shortage of new vehicles.

1 Like

When a 2020 Chevrolet Bolt that was signed a month ago has positive equity…something in the automotive universe would seem to be very wrong.

4 Likes

Did someone page an English teacher? Because here I am. :rofl:

4 Likes

99999% agree. Marketbis about to break. Cannot be sustainable at this pace. One inkling of acrate hike and asset classes will shatter.