Be prepared to pay sticker PRI$$$$E!

I got 6 quotes around LA this week, and this one is the best deal I can find. My friends in Taiwan say there is no chip shortage for cars, but yes for other things. Dealerships will go out of business now with this tactic.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Q3 Sline Premium
MSRP: $42,800
Selling Price: 42,800
Monthly Payment: $648
Drive-Off Amount: $3206
Months: 42
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .0025
Residual: 21,400
Incentives: 0
Region: Los Angeles
Leasehackr Score: 5.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=42800&sales_price=42800&months=48&mf=.0025&dp=1000&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=895&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=50&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true

1 Like

Your friends in Taiwan are wrong and this is an awful deal.

17 Likes

I call chip shortage bullsh it. There are other reasons why inventory is low.

1 Like

There is a cheap shortage. My family works at TSM, intel, and Nvidia all in a managerial capacity. There is a GPU shortage from the TSM foundry and a general shortage of silicon. Your friends must be bsing because cars use less complex chips, but Chinese buyers have been double stacking due to a potential embargo from the US.

Yeah my dealers are beginning to lay people off due to nothing being for sale.
:chocolate_bar:

4 Likes

OP you need to do more research and read more on the forums. Used car market is a hot commodity because of the car shortage. New cars are marked at MSRP and dealers are not budging price as you already know. They won’t go out of business b/c either way they will make $ on the used car market or someone will be willing to pay their price if they need a car. Don’t be salty cause you didn’t get a good deal.

BTW: There is a chip shortage. From cars, to video cards that mine crypto, home security cameras, etc. 60 Minutes just did an interview with TSMC CEO last Sunday. Go get educated!

4 Likes

Yeah I think it’s bs too, Ford just likes building thousands of trucks so they can sit outside and collect dust.

Here’s a pic of them stuck in kentucky at kentucky speedway

7dda340d-6a21-465f-9065-8d866a138f78-FordF150aerials_041521_ES01

Here they have literally ran out of space to stash these trucks, this is a department of public works rail yard.

4 Likes

JB needs to invoke the DPA for microchips at this point smh. Definitely a national urgency cause your boy’s having a hard time locating a new M4

7 Likes

Does it matter why inventory is low?

And why wouldn’t dealers hike up prices or refuse to discount limited goods?

Im pretty sure that, accept for Bolt, Leafs (Leaves?), and the perhaps soon to be closing 4xe window, its going to soon be time for LHer’s to hibernate like fat bears getting ready to ride out a long cold leasing winter.

2 Likes

Extremely low inventory and wait until all the captives put the kaibash on 3rd party buy outs.

We’re gonna have to resort to actually leasing a car and holding onto it for the full 3yr term like the old days :sob:

1 Like

Nah there will always be swapalease! Up until a few months ago that was really the only way to make money off your used lease anyway

That 60 minutes segment was fascinating.

True but don’t be surprised if the few remaining captives that allow transfers kaibash that too

2 Likes

Could you make more than few bucks? I always saw swapalease as a place you could dump an unwanted care for break even, or close to it either way.

Sold my i8 lease for like $6000. I used to sell a tundra every 3-6 months for 2-3k when they were cheap. So yes many people used to make money on swapalease

2 Likes

Go look at the 7 series, people mostly from lh get payments in the 4s 5s or 6s and then go sell them for 3-8k down payment.

1 Like

Another thing you can do in this market is go on swapalease and ask people the buyout price and sell it after you take over the transfer, or just buy it outright and flip it. Taxes might kill that though. There’s 50 Tacoma’s on there currently. I’m sure some have a few thou in equity. If I had more time I would def do that. Tons of ways to make money in this auto market

The flipping market can turn on a dime tho. We’ve already seen one buying service basically renege on their own offers

Wholesale car club Facebook page. It was started by the guy that owns givemethevin.com. There’s independent dealers there that will match and beat Carvana vroom etc.

These guys are buying 150k super cars to flip and make $1000 off of. It’s nuts, major bubble but while it lasts it’s a good resource if you want to go around the big companies.

Reminds me of bring a trailer but on Facebook

6 Likes

I just landed in Los Angeles from Europe for work. I’ll be living here for some time.

I was hoping to get a lease deal for a decent price, not expecting a great deal considering no credit score, but at least something decent

Any recommendations for getting a new car considering the situation? (I have a rental until early august)

1 Like