Be prepared to pay sticker PRI$$$$E!

When two parties make plans =conspiracy. Nearly everything is a conspiracy.

See last night’s 60 Minutes broadcast… really informative segment on this issue.

1 Like

I’m good here.

1 Like

all that plus an insatiable desire to buy Microsoft products. Man Bill Gates is such an under appreciated guy

4 Likes

If everyone was using a broker, or getting the deals you get thru brokers, then those deals wouldn’t be nearly as good.

It’s thanks to the suckers that pay full sticker price, marked up MF, buy a useless warranty or GAP that we’re able to get the deals we do.

2 Likes

Nah, you got a 2g chip.

2 Likes

Even car rental companies are buying up used cars…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-03/rental-companies-buy-up-used-cars-as-microchip-crisis-gets-worse

2 Likes

This is crazy…looks like used car prices will keep rising.

The days of supply of new vehicles on dealer lots across the U.S. is 47 and on its way toward the low-30s, according to Cox Automotive.

1 Like

I never thought we would see a buying panic regarding cars…see something new everyday.

This too shall pass…glad I leased my Forester two weeks ago. We need another car, but will be able to wait till later this summer.

Hopefully it subsides by then…who knows!

Return to office and the end of WFH in July will be crushing to find a car deal these next few months.

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Stonks and Used Cars only go up!!

5 Likes

If you guys think this chip shortage is bad for higher ticket items like cars, wait till you see what’s going to happen on lower margin electronics like cheaper tv’s. /conspiracy

3 Likes

There will be an end to all of these asset bubbles sooner than later. Could see asset prices easily collapse by 50% or more. These extremes are not sustainable.

3 Likes

Til the end of June they are… Rental Companies Buy Up Used Cars as Microchip Crisis Gets Worse

2 Likes

100% correct. Buy your $19 wyze cameras now, because it’s gonna be rough winter.

Really sad day…just returned my 2019 BMW 430 to tbe dealer, no equity. Will miss this ride.

2 Likes

The super cheap lease was your equity

6 Likes

Only did 24 month on yours eh? I still have one more year to see how the market is going to play out.

That was very true, super cheap for a $55k car!

1 Like

I’m not a EE but I don’t think it’s easy to retool to fabricate different chips but not sure about Intel’s CEO claiming shortage will be here for 2 years. Sounds like he’s angling for subsidies to build plants in the US.

On paying sticker, I am actually prepare to not get a new lease, work from home permanently and have one other reliable old car, I hang out here too much and probably get caught up looking for new rides. Each month I wait, I save a few hundreds for a car that I can do without.

1 Like