Be prepared to pay sticker PRI$$$$E!

Now this serves the Yankees right for abandoning Trenton like a thief in the night. I’m sure they will step up and help their new affiliate just like they had the Thunder’s back :roll_eyes:

1 Like

True, especially considering how all Chevy dealer inventory is super thin as is.

Maybe now they can sell these at MSRP without the markup?

PS: hope all of you up there are safe and sound

1 Like

I find it amusing when people get offended on behalf of someone else and go the extra mile to make it known.

1 Like

If that was Citi Field, would the flooding really ruin the Mets season?

3 Likes

technically, it’s an improvement to the on-field product.

4 Likes

@Ursus this genius comment was made to mine which was moved to landfill so I assume this should also be moved? Or we cherry picking as per usual?

and in response to @LeaN69 , wasn’t offended on anyones behalf. It is moronic to hope that someones property is destroyed because they don’t like the brand.

I suspect you’ll find your post was singled out and removed because it was the only one in the discussion with thinly disguised obscenities.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Kardashian GIF by E!

3 Likes

No more incentives and deals to be had, those are long gone while car sales are skyrocketing. It seems no matter what, there will always be consumers who will pay what automakers are asking, some consumers don’t need incentives and deals to close a purchase of a ride above sticker price. I think this will tire out eventually and what will happen is one car manufacturer will play it’s hand at gaining gigantic market share and start to throw wicked deals out to the public, once this happens other manufacturers might play as well.

It is not that rosy for dealers, though - they sell less cars. They pay fixed costs all the same - real estate, for example - but close on less deals daily. If that is to continue, dealers will have to change physical presence model, up to total elimination.

2 Likes

What if they sell 4 units at a $2000 gross each or 2 units at a $5000 gross each?

They keep fewer cars
Pay lower floor plan
Hire fewer resources

1 Like

they also get fewer opportunities to sell F&I and, more importantly, generate repeat service and maintenance revenue, which is far higher margin than sales. this is temporarily good for dealers in that they are making stupid amounts of money in profit, but it will catch up to them over the long run.

12 Likes

That’s what I mean. Current business model assumes way more sales than happening right now. So in order to really benefit from raised sell prices, dealers will have to revisit their fixed costs. We will not like it, by the way.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with that and can’t wait for it to come around and be back to a state of normalcy

3 Likes

It won’t last because eventually people get sick and tired of high prices ($10,000 over sticker for Kia and certain other Japanese or German cars) and end up getting Teslas like I did. Price ends up being similar. Especially with gas prices already at $4.50/gallon in Los Angeles ($5/gallon near Beverly Hills). With the lack of inventory and sky rocketing prices I was better off getting two Teslas. With Tesla signing a deal with Target to put 150-250w superchargers in most of their locations, charging a Tesla will only take 15-20 minutes for a decent amount of range. And we all know there is a Target store in every neighborhood, poor or rich. And I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before we see superchargers in every other block. In rural areas, there will be a supercharger at every gas stations, where the gas stations will make money on the cigarettes, beef jerky and Gatorade they sell.

1 Like

Pretty soon:

You down with MSRP? Yeah, you know me!

In principle, I am not opposed to Teslas. But I am just afraid of build quality issues.

I think this is inevitable. I call it the Dunkin Principle…once a dealership cannot net the same as a popular Dunkin Donuts franchise, they’ll close down that dealership and move to a more profitable (and less headaches) business.