Bad lease deal on 2023 Q4 etron. Lesson learned

Did you get these numbers from a dealer?

Please shop the trade-in value at multiple dealers. This value can be vary. I have seen 10k worth spread on trade-in value for a 50k car. Please submit your VIN to get the trade-in quote from these online dealers: List of places to sell or value your car online

Even though they may not buy your Audi lease, but at least you will get the baseline to ask for more money for your trade-in.

One more suggestion: May be, consider buying a brand where you won’t face the restriction to sell the lease. Having flexibility to sell your lease to any dealer is a real big advantage. You can exit anytime without waiting for the entire 3 yrs term plus you won’t be left at the mercy of Audi dealers.

1 Like

Yes from a dealer for 2023 e tron P.

Trade in is 43000. Buyout is 56000

In the process but since car is pretty new, it is hard to get an online quote fast.

I don’t quite get the last point though. Do you mean get a different brand for my next car?

Yes. He means lease it from a bank that allows lease buyouts.

Also as previously mentioned, these readings should help:

4 Likes

Thanks, from the list, looks like Mercedes would be the only one I would lease that does not give different rates to third party. I would probably never lease a Porsche and Lexus, would just finance or all cash them.

Actually it was a not a bad idea to lease from Audi Financial in my case because that’s how I qualified for more rebates.

1 Like

Hit up @Samaudibh

You’re getting 11.74% off plus $15k in incentives on an etron? You sure about that?

Hard to tell, but seems like your LH calculator seems to be applying a trade in sales tax credit which doesn’t apply in CA.

Rather than paying $39,262 (potentially more) to lease yet another car, you could just finance your Q4e for 60 months for not much more per month. After 36-months you’d likely have some equity.

Anyway, I’m starting to repeat myself, so I’ll stop here.

Yup I got the breakdown from the dealer else it doesn’t make sense

They’re discounting nicely and offsetting by giving low value on the trade.

This lease is only 7.5k miles a year, so you need to take that into account if it makes sense for you.

But if indeed you come out of all this only paying $1k a month, this would be an execution of getting into a better car at an overall lesser price.

You can also add MSDs to reduce the interest rate on the lease. Being as that you are carrying a lot of negative equity into this, MSDs are good way to at least reduce the interest on all that carry.

Why not post the dealer sheet here so we can see what they are offering.

their trade in value happened to be higher than the other offers from third party and equityhackr’s offer.

This is with max MSD

Here’s the sheet.

Why does it say that " Total Trade " - 4800? shouldn’t it be -13000?

They said they used the rebate to offset the negative equity and sales tax to be in my favor. Also couldn’t use the full rebate to offset bc there’s a cap.

That’s the part I’m trying to understand more before deciding.

Can you explain little more about sales tax to be in your favor? Your monthly payment has 10% sales tax.

Your vehicle price is 68.8k after discount then minus 15k rebate, so net cost is around 53.8k. Wholesale auction value for 2022 Audi e-tron is around 50k, so you are pretty close to that number.

I’m still waiting for dealer to reply so I understand this better. Not sure if it is in my favor, I’m just recalling what I think I heard.

Maybe sales tax from the trade in?

I think this deal WITHOUT my trade in is definitely a decent deal.

Ask them for the clarification. I dont know the sales tax rules for CA, but in FL, whenever we sell a leased car to a dealer, then there is no sales tax. Because dealers do use their exempt license to buy it out from the leasing company.

Yes, it seems very decent deal.

If you can, then get more offers for the trade-in, and then use those numbers to get more money for the trade-in.

Do you know about lease wipeouts? A dealer said they could wash out my lease for me so I would be clear of all the negative equity.

I cant find anything about it online though. Is this a thing?

1 Like

If they buy out your lease for the payoff balance, then you will not have any positive/negative equity.

Or may be, they do have some secret ways to get you out without any negative equity. Ask them for the more details.

I’m trying to learn from this so as not to make the same mistake. He would be paying for ~70% of the car over 3 years, and that makes no sense. But what percentage would you say might make sense? Is there a goal?

@noobleasr - Check this post: Deal Check: 2023 Audi E-Tron PP+

this user was able to negotiate a 15% discount. So I guess you might have room for an additional up to 5% discount.

15% is with the Audi VIP program. You have to find a dealer that will play ball.

1 Like