Bad lease deal on 2023 Q4 etron. Lesson learned

Ask them for the clarification. I dont know the sales tax rules for CA, but in FL, whenever we sell a leased car to a dealer, then there is no sales tax. Because dealers do use their exempt license to buy it out from the leasing company.

Yes, it seems very decent deal.

If you can, then get more offers for the trade-in, and then use those numbers to get more money for the trade-in.

Do you know about lease wipeouts? A dealer said they could wash out my lease for me so I would be clear of all the negative equity.

I cant find anything about it online though. Is this a thing?

1 Like

If they buy out your lease for the payoff balance, then you will not have any positive/negative equity.

Or may be, they do have some secret ways to get you out without any negative equity. Ask them for the more details.

I’m trying to learn from this so as not to make the same mistake. He would be paying for ~70% of the car over 3 years, and that makes no sense. But what percentage would you say might make sense? Is there a goal?

@noobleasr - Check this post: Deal Check: 2023 Audi E-Tron PP+

this user was able to negotiate a 15% discount. So I guess you might have room for an additional up to 5% discount.

15% is with the Audi VIP program. You have to find a dealer that will play ball.

1 Like

Welcome! But even without knowing this website why would you think paying $42K for 3 years on a $58K vehicle is worth it? I understand happy wife happy life but that monthly payment is Escalade territory from what I remember. At least now you know about this website.

This deal shows total of $29k down - 15k rebate and 14k customer cash. Are you planning to put $14k cash down?

No that would be hella stupid lol.
11k is from MSDs

There is no rule of thumb. For me, on a 36 month lease: no more than half, less is better. But sometimes you are paying all rent (those 93-99% Nissan RVs from earlier this year) and if it’s something that depreciates less than the RV and the MF is very low, % might not matter.

The punchline here is: if you have paid most of the cost of the car by renting it for 3 years, just buy the car.

4 Likes

Definitely not escalade money anymore

Even half is too much IMO

2 Likes

So what is your cutoff?

It depends entirely on the lease I’m looking at and a lease-vs-buy comparison.

Hey, thought you might appreciate an update.

I couldn’t get the numbers to work on an Etron GT, but I got it done on a 2023 etron. My new monthly is now $150 less :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this mean you are paying $1050/mo for an ETron? Which one and what are the terms?

Escalade ?? You’re lucky to get a 90k car for $1400 a month for 48 months .

2 Likes

I meant to say before Covid but now it sky rocketed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.