Signed: 2023 E-Tron Premium - $76k MSRP - $1078/mon after $10k+ negative equity rollover - $3650 DAS + Max MSDs - 36/7.5

Here is the unofficial part 2 of Bad lease deal on 2023 Q4 etron. Lesson learned? You might want to read that first for context as well as shits and giggles.

Here’s the calculator, I fudged the numbers a little bit + too lazy to input upfront fees.

Takeaway
Basically, we took a shit on my trade in value to trade for 5% more off MSRP to pay less taxes, which lowered my overall monthly.
Without trade in and just 10% off, monthly could be a bit under $700, but I would have to eat an upfront $8k loss by selling my current lease to third party and that is with a best case scenario bid. I decided to roll the negative equity and keep my cash invested (e.g, NVDA :rocket:).

Could we have done better? Maybe, but man it is exhausting and I am just glad to be done!

9 Likes

Seems like you achieved what you were trying to accomplish. You lowered your monthly and got a better car.

1 Like

LMAO you rolled all that negative equity in and still paying less, well done.

12 Likes

Do this a few more times, maybe I’ll end up with positive equity! :laughing:

10 Likes

Not bad all things considered. Congrats on the new ride!

2 Likes

Yup, that is the key! :slight_smile: Keep flipping! You will end up generating positive equity!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congrats! Mission accomplished to a certain extent. Saved $150 a month.

And you’ll know for next time to come and do proper research before your next leaese.

1 Like

You deserve a lot of credit. Most people post the bad deal, get some heat, and run away, never to be seen again.

You listened, learned, and acted as best you could given the circumstances. Well done.

21 Likes

The true unicorn situation of leasehackr

@noobleasr were there any warranty products on the Q4 that you took and can now cancel to get some additional cash back?

Congrats on the new (after a roller coaster )ride…

Oh how does that work? I think there was only an end lease protection plan. Does that count? Not sure if it is too late though.

Can you please post your contract for the Q4? Redact any personal info.

Guide to Automobile Service Contracts, Extended Warranties and Other Repair Agreements.

Negative equity of 17k after 3 months. Congrats - that must be a new record.

It is more like a numbers game. Do we want less negative equity or more MSRP discount. In the end, the discount won out in terms of reducing monthly. The true negative equity was more around $8-9k, but I explained my rationale in the post.

3 Likes

Oh I found it. Seems like it is cancelable. Is there a template I can use and do I have to go in person for this lol

Cancellation
This Addendum is cancelable. To cancel the Addendum, You
must provide Administrator or Dealer with written notice
of Your request to cancel the Addendum. The effective date
of such cancellation shall be no earlier than ninety (90)
days prior to the date such written notice is received by
Administrator or Dealer. This Addendum may be cancelled for
a full refund of the Addendum Retail Price within thirty (30)
days of the Lease Inception Date, provided that no Waiver
Benefit has been provided. If cancelled after thirty (30) days,
any refund will be calculated pro-rata less a fifty ($50) dollar
processing fee, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
However, in the event a Waiver Benefit has been provided,
this Addendum will be deemed as fully earned, and no refund
will be due or paid to the Customer. To cancel this Addendum,
please submit Your request in writing along with a copy of
the Registration Page to Dealer or Administrator.

You have to do what it says in the quoted part of your terms. You should confirm that the agreement you signed, and the terms you accepted, meet the requirements of the state statutes.

Thanks for reminding me of this extra “blessing”. If I can cancel it, that is another $1k back in my pockets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now you just need to total it :joy:

homer simpson laughing GIF