Available for NY residents 2021 Hyundai Kona EV Ultimate 39/12, $306/m. $306 DAS

All this happened thanks to @InspiredSquare

Yesterday we picked up for my family member 2021 Kona EV Ultimate. $47,3k MSRP. With NY LI 8.625 % taxes and new registration we paid $306 DAS for $306/m, 39/12k miles. It is at least $3k cheaper than i could get locally in NYC area for this trim.
The dealer said they have still around 20 units to move ( ONLY ULTIMATE TRIMS) at that price level. If anyone is interested i can provide direct contact info.
It is 6 hours of driving North from NYC. Please send me a PM if interested.

2 Likes

i’m NJ residence but man, that is a good deal.
Does the dealer accept NJ residence for that offer?

You better try to find one NJ. You have your own number state incentives for EVs. That deal most likely includes $2k state rebate for NY residents for EVs

Yes, it does include $2k rebate. For out of state it will be around $60/m more ( depend of the tax rate)

Never thought about NY rebate!
Thanks all.
But it is too hard to find NJ one. Dealerships i’ve been were trying to mark up really high.
I’ll try best thought

How does this translate to CT residents?

Because NJ doesn’t have sales tax and gives $5k rebate as POS so… dealerships want to capture all of especially compare to you trying to go out of state.

Probably same as for folks in NJ going to NY

2 Likes

The deal you got isn’t for the ultimate trim right?

It is for Ultimate trim. They do not have Limited anymore

1 Like

That’s a sweet deal. Not such a fan of the look of the kona but being that it’s the ultimate trim and nearly $300 a month for an EV I would take that deal.

Awesome, Zenek! Congrats on your new ride, I’m very happy for you, and you got a great deal.
While I’m really pleased my posting/conversation helped you… you did the leg work, and huge credit goes to Leasehackr for having a forum to bring us together and having major contributors (like ElectricEliminator) carry us through to the finish line. What a learning experience it has been.

1 Like

Nice deal @Zenek? But are you going to hold on to it for 39 months or try to find an overseas job assignment to get out of the lease :stuck_out_tongue: Or is the EU passport not going to be used for 39 months?..

1 Like

Thank You
This unit is for my family member.
I am a dual Citizen. With my actual family situation at this moment I might need to go there for a year or two. It’s very dynamic. Hard to tell when.

2 Likes

It’s an amazing deal though… You won’t find deals like this in Europe for sure … Good luck and may the hack be with you wherever you end up…

1 Like

Nice deal. Only need for a few months can’t swap the lease with Hyundai do you think I can flip it?

Not a great chance. These have terrible resale.

Ty I tried carvana and was crazy low

1 Like

Do not waste Your time. I was told that Hyundai doesn’t allow anymore 3rd party dealer buyout.

2 Likes

NJ residents can still flip these. NY residents are going to have a harder time, having to pay tax on their buyout.

Hyundai Motor Finance cannot stop NJ residents from buying out their Hyundai EV lease, paying NJ registration, paying zero tax, getting their title, then reselling to any dealership.

1 Like