Audi Q5 PP-good deal?

noooo, shoot for 8-9% off of the $53,755 sticker price, then after that they should add in all the incentives…just a quick break down…ideally your pre-incentive price should be around $49,454 (8% off) then with incentives taken off come down to $42,732.6 before all of those little add ons

1 Like

Thank you!!! There is an art to this for sure! My head is exploding.

I disagree- it should be off the $51505 since that’s actually what is listed on the Maroney. Audi has been giving $1500 Convenience Package and $750 Convenience Plus Credits and that price is what is considered the “MRSP”. https://www.ipacket.info/WA1BNAFY0L2063258#MSRP

That’s the price that will used to calculate the RV.

Take a look for buy rate MF, current incentives: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/57291/audi/q5/2020-audi-q5-lease-deals-and-prices/p7

2 Likes

My bad I was not aware of those credits off of the MSRP of the vehicle.

1 Like

And i apologize-i didn’t know how to put that on. I should’ve screen shot the invoice. So the rebates and discounts of $6722 is good then? Off off the $51,505( after the 2 credits) And paying 640/month for 36/10k/no money down is a good deal then. Again i try to put into calculator and i come up whacky.

Maybe just me, but Resistall (no idea what this is) and Tint totaling $1149? I would take both of those off the deal.

If you want to do the tint, go to a reputable tint shop in your area. Most likely, it will be a better quality job and probably cheaper than that.

1 Like

Thanks. If i can get those 2 things off then good deal? I believe he is doing a trade. It seems the lighter interior i want is hard to come by…

It is better, but I wouldn’t sell yourself on the rarity of a lighter interior

Have you checked AutoTrader or Audi’s Inventory Website? Plug in the packages/specs and it will show you the vehicles matching in your area. For these to be useful, I would just start at exterior and interior color and see what is pulled up.

1 Like

I will do that now. Thanks.

Hi there, I took a stab at a calculator work up based on your details and what I assume GA taxes are?

Couple of comments - the sales price is $51k, the credits are already baked in as @calbear correctly noted . A Q5 deal really only makes sense if you can get as close to 15% off as possible. With the add ons included and incentives, you are at 10%. Personally, I don’t care for dealers who play games like showing a bigger discount and then clawing it back with useless junk. I would walk away but if you really want this unit, the best you can do is push for more discount to negate those charges.

3 Likes

I concur- I would walk from this deal. Definitely, ditch the pure profit reinstall + tint.

Target discussions for 20% (super-aggressive), but very unlikely at this time of the year and lack of big incentives/rebates vs stealerships ~ 10% offer and then see if you can meet in the middle ~ 15%.

The OP may want to consider hiring a broker to get a better deal.

1 Like

Plus one…

1 Like

Plus two… Maybe it was the dealer that was telling OP that the interior color has wanted was rare?

For reference: I didn’t say it was a good deal, just better without all of the markups.

1 Like

Got it. I might walk away. Before I do-he took off the resistall and dropped the tint to $200. Payments would be $613. Thoughts?

Although your deal is for 2020, to give you an idea of what has been possible (yes, 2019 and in November, but the Edmunds base MF/RV/incentives and current deals on 2020 you should be doing better): Signed 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 36/10 $2000 DAS, $500 month - #6 by MashBoss

20% off would be $10301.

15%= $7725.75

Consider looking out of state/broker.

1 Like

That’s what I might need to do-broker. I think for this first time leasing I might be a little to ‘easy’ if you will. I really appreciate your and everyone’s knowledge and time!

1 Like

I would still walk. There’s no reason for the markup, even at how little they are trying to sell you.

Were you able to find some other cars through inventory?

1 Like

I’m rethinking all this and taking a break. Lol. I am going to keep reading and learning though.

Think about it this way: it is better to wait and get the deal you want than get burned on a deal that you are stuck with for at least 2-3 years!

1 Like

If you are not in a rush, you should try waiting it out for the Summer of Audi event. That is typically when incentives are at their best.

1 Like