Arizona 2020 BMW M340xi Courtesy Vehicle, lease target

Unless the 24% he’s talking about is post incentive. Although that’s a useless number to compare.

So, I asked AZ dealership why their monthly is higher than CA dealership even with lower sale price, without explanation, they walked out. Declined to work with me.

Why are u wasting time with them…

Since total sale price was lower, thought monthly would be lower as well… lol
LA had same vehicle listed 54000, AZ had it 52000

1 Like

Keep in mind not all CA dealers will fo AZ deals. Hence the greg poland reco

I’m just having hard time because i’m looking xdrive models only. It snow every year in Seattle now days, so I need that xdrive…if it was RWD, I had so much more option…

Lots of the demos in LA come from the NJ corporate offices. I was able to get an X drive X2 demo last year at Pacific BMW.

It doesn’t work that way. The MSRP is what the MSRP is for the car. The dealer is not involved.

My apologies, meant listed price.

For example:

Are incentives the same? Is the mf the same? Are the dealer fees the same?

There is a lot more to it than just the selling price.

1 Like

Yeah, I figure those will be different at first but thought I could work those numbers around to be similar to LA dealership, never thought of this much.

LA asked for 540 (with 2k incentive) before tax and AZ is asking 799 (without 2k incentive) before tax…lol never seen such a big gap with similar price car, especially one with lower price…

So i asked for MF, RV and other little prices while giving the LA quote and they declined worked with me

What should the price have been on the AZ car given that sales price and the applicable rv/mf/incentives for AZ?

YB the reason that car has that markdown, is that it has 6.4k miles. No BMW incentives apply for lease. I believe you can lease up to 10k as a loaner, but it won’t qualify for incentives, not sure on the last statement though. @mllcb42 can clarify for sure.

Ah, I missed that part.

No incentives and a WAY worse RV. Both which result in a significantly higher lease price.

1 Like

This was the quote he gave me.

After this I told him, I don’t want the desert protection and Kahu and also mentioned that Doc fee was over charged. Then I asked him for RV and MF and told him that I have similar car quoted for 540 in LA. He declined to tell me any of the information I inquired about and declined to work with me.

For incentives, I used my company purchase program. My company has discount program with BMW and for 3 series, 2k off for both lease and purchase, including used vehicle under 5k miles.

To compare with LA, 799 was for 10,000 miles.

Here’s my suggestion:

Stop talking to dealers. All those emails you sent out? Delete them. Delete the email address from your address book.

Spend a long while reading through the leasing 101 articles on here. Take it all in, except the one that talks about the 1% rule. Forget you ever saw that one.

Once you have that down, pick a vehicle or two you’re interested in, gather the RV/MF/incentive information from Edmunds and research comparable deals on here to develop a target pre-incentive discount for each vehicle.

Take those numbers and determine what your target deal is for each vehicle.

Then, and only then, think about reaching out to dealers to find one that will do your target deal.

Talking to the dealer is for finding someone to do your deal. It is not for finding out what the car might cost. If you don’t already know exactly what the numbers should be before you reach out, you’ll get stuck with offers like this to choose from.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: what he said. Once a dealer starts with ‘stupid high’ numbers (got that one from Edmunds), it’s not worth wasting time with them…

1 Like

To add onto this, if you don’t want to do all that. Hire a broker. If a broker can stick around on here, they are excellent at their job, and as a result able to find good deals on a car you want, and know more than you.

1 Like

Living in AZ I can say it definitely is a tougher market generally. Not many dealerships out here so their prices don’t need to be as competitive

1 Like

Don’t get an xi in AZ. Sliding around is fun.