Arizona 2020 BMW M340xi Courtesy Vehicle, lease target

The discount was lower back then because incentives were higher. As a broker, you know this.

Isnt that the deal we should all pursue? You may not always get it, but it is perhaps a bookend.

It’s going to be very hard to achieve the level of discounts being advised in this thread. The M340 is new for MY20. I’ll be very surprised (and impressed) if you get them to agree to 20% off MSRP.

1 Like

Go to CA. Skip the AZ BMW dealers

Greg poland at pacific bmw is always my go to.

1 Like

Are you talking 24% off pre or post incentive

In Vishnu we trust. All others bring data.

:bat:

1 Like

Remember, the max markup on BMW of 0.004 eliminates 2% of the discount, so its not a massive thing. I don’t think I’ve seen a loaner being discount >22% on this forum but I could be wrong

1 Like

I actually was LOLing in this one…good stuff (and so true that this board is data driven).

One deal from last month I didnt take was an SP of $36,900 on an MSRP of $49k ish. With the acq fee waived, base MF and max MSDs it was a compelling deal. A normal person of course would have signed it.

Not sure what this says about you.

:bat:

You will find no disagreement from me on the implication, LOL.

To bring this thread back to the original topic, I think the OP is more or less right where they started…trying for 20% and seeing what happens.

OP, have you verified that the advertised price does NOT include $3k in assume incentives?

@spockvr6, there is no way in hell a dealer would agree to 24% off an M340i loaner. These cars are in fairly short supply. I got 18% off my new M340i (closer to around 16.8% after some mandatory BS add-ons and fees) at the end of 2019, and I haven’t seen any discount come close on a new unit. I do believe someone here posted a signed loaner deal for around 16.5%.

OP, I’m guessing the dealer’s 15% off already includes the finance credit - that’s how they’re typically structured on dealer sites in my experience. I would say around 17% before incentives is a much more realistic target. Bear in mind that dealers aren’t really motivated to move cars this month. If you go in and ask for 24%, I’d be surprised if you even got a response.

But its fun to be the snowball sometimes.

That must have been a 330i

Yes…It’s buried in one of my tangential posts above where I took this thread sideways :-(. The same type of discount was available on a 430 or 440 at the time.

None of which are an M340

1 Like

Been talking to the sales and he is giving me ridiculous monthly payment that I don’t even need to post here. This sales person is kept on saying that this car is considered a NEW vehicle, so can’t be discounted much…(Even though it is listed under Pre-Owned category…)
Actually found similar car in LA with priced at 2k higher, but they gave me monthly about 170 cheaper than this AZ dealership…Thought Seattle was bad, but at least they mark their MSRP high in first place, don’t know what’s going on with this AZ dealership.

I’m still talking to this guy, will update you guys again! its fun to read all you guys comment lol

AZ in usually not a competitive market. You are much better going to LA and getting a car. Quick flight and a 6 hour drive home. It can easily be done on a Saturday. From my experience you will save about 3-5k on a lease doing this.

I’m in seattle…lol This market is the worst in the nation I think…they are listing 2019 330xi with 4k miles with not many options for 50k. Higher than 2020 new 330 xi. Just insane market up here.