Are these good lease deals? $0DAS for all: Accord Sport SE, Lexus is300 w/ red interior, Kia K5 GT-Line w/ red interior

And he or she hasnā€™t come back since. So thereā€™s that.

Will this fall into the many mysteries of the Leasehackā€™d? What happened to the guy with the $900/mo pilot? See you on next weeks episode of Unsolved Mystery-hackr

Unsolved Mysteries GIF by FILMRISE

4 Likes

Funny. Itā€™s not a mystery. I do have a question, though. Equity is variable, so what should I do if one dealer is willing to give me more equity for my tease than another? Does that make it a better deal or not? Carvana gave me negative equity for my tradeā€¦twice. Contrary, I just found out today that another dealer is offering me 6k for my trade. HONDA ACCORD, btw.

The fact that you are asking means you still donā€™t understand how this all works. They can give you $10 million equity and it doesnā€™t mean diddly squat if you overpay for the new car by $11 million.

Okay. Yeah, I donā€™t understand that. Can you break it down for me, please?!

I think thatā€™s what happening with the Accord Sport SE deal.

You want to negotiate the new lease independently. Get a decent handle on that first and make sure youā€™re getting an acceptable deal.

Then bring up the trade and try to maximize how much they offer for it.

2 Likes

stop trying to make it more difficult than it needs to be.

@max_g is right, of course, that you want to separate the deals so you donā€™t get confused.

But, to clarify what I mean, if Supermarket A is charging $10.99 for Purdue chicken but offering a $1 coupon in the circular and Supermarket B is charging $9.49 and no coupon, which is the better deal? The coupon represents your trade, in this case.

Supermarket A is the better deal of course so you can tell everyone you saved a dollar.

5 Likes

Well, Supermarket B in that instance. Ergo, the Sport SE deal is out the window.

Well, actually. No. Because, using your same analogy, if the coupon was for $2 off, Supermarket A would be the better deal. Thatā€™sā€¦ kind of what the Accord Sport SE is, actually.

Or do I still not understand?

You sell the old vehicle to whomever will give you the most for it since you negotiated the new vehicle completely independent of any discussion about a trade to avoid this exact issue.

2 Likes

You are correct. As long as you look at the overall deal and not just what they are giving you for your trade (coupon).

1 Like

The problem here is that your deal is now completely out of context, making it impossible to compare against othersā€™ deals. Youā€™re throwing away your greatest tool while shopping and forcing yourself to do everything in a vacuum.

1 Like

Okay, I understand.

And yes, Iā€™m trying to convince myself to do the Accord dealā€¦or not.

So, what exactly would make this a bad deal? If the RV remains the same, regardless.

I completely understand this. I wish that I had started this way.

Currently, you have no idea what any of these deals actually are. They may be great deals or they may be horrible deals.

1 Like

Until you have any better things to go off of, just assume the dealer offering $6k equity is accurate. Look at all of these deals as being whatever they are monthly but with $6k das.

Or for an easier comparison, take whatever their monthly is and add $175/mo

1 Like

Yes good deals considering current market!

1 Like

Based on how much assumed equity?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Well, for someone who doesnā€™t know what they are doing, or who is bad at math. Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time, so it isnā€™t a hard and fast rule that everyone separate all parts at all times. But, regardless, what you are saying is good, safe advice for the general population. So I agree.