App-based Leasing & Purchasing

This was buried in another thread. I thought it might interest some hackrs, especially as these evolve and presumably improve going forward. No affiliation.

[quote=“jayneo74, post:31, topic:8409”]
I couldn’t use MSD’s because I went through the Honcker App which currently doesn’t allow it. They are currently investigating with the developers if it can be done in the future.

The car came from Island Toyota in Staten Island. They delivered the car and I signed all paperwork in my dining room.

I emailed many dealerships and none of them would go that low on the MSRP. I think I got a pretty good deal minus no MSD’s.[/quote]

2 Likes

Wasn’t the developer of the app on here before and we scared him/her away? Glad that the app is progressing and helped someone on here out. Even @RVguy, who’s been a great contributor to these forums, recommends it. :+1:

I still do not believe on a soft credit pull. They can give payments and put a subject to tier 1 credit. Developer was here and we did scare them away.

1 Like

@HonckerLeasing Now that there are some independent reviews I think you’ll find people more approachable here towards your app

I just called them after reading the post over on the Highlander thread. They are not operating in the state of Ohio yet, but said they hope to have some dealers signed up within the next 4 weeks or so.

He didn’t say what the nearest state or city is that does participate, so I don’t want to sign up for the app yet. I did bookmark it though and will see what others have to say about where it is actually working.

Hum… I downloaded the app this morning. I looked at some SoCal quotes. For an average Joe that doesn’t want to do any work for a deal, I guess the app is OK. For a Hackr on this site, the deals can be beat with minimal/moderate effort. Same is true with the dealers that quote deals on this site.

Thanks for taking the plunge to test it out.

Did they look basically like the normal dealer “lease specials” based on a million bucks down and 300 miles a year, one at This price with no options???

Does it actually give the bank rates etc or is that hidden?

I’m not really willing to sign up to something when I bet my details will likely be sold, and I’ll get hounded by dealers calling me all day…

In the app you select miles (7.5k, 10k, 12k, 15k) then the term 24m, 36m, 39m, or 48m. It then gives you the monthly cost with taxes and what you need to put down. You can also roll those costs into the lease and it will give you an update monthly cost.

I never thought of using the app but when dealers in NNJ didn’t want to hear discounting so much off a Highlander XLE I started looking at brokers and the app. My cost out the door was 1330 and 326.54 a month for a 42k+ highlander which they discounted down to 36k. It was a better lease than I was getting quoted locally with using MSD’s. I had dealers saying they couldn’t do better than 385 per month with MSD’s. They were pushing the LE locally because that is the model that Toyota has incentives on in the area.

My vehicle actually came from Staten Island. I paid for the initial fees on a CC over the phone. The guy then delivered the car to my house and I inspected it and signed all the paperwork in my house. Pretty painless process.

Right now I am seeing 353 with 1385 down as the low for a highlander xle
318 for a kia sorento for 39 months with 1295 due
436 for a qx60 base with 1678 due and 39 months.

Some deals are very good, some are average. I’m sure many hackr’s could do better than a lot of them, I personally was getting no where close to what I got with the app.

1 Like

Jayneo74,
Thanks for sharing your experience with Honcker. I downloaded at the app last night. I will vouch for the limited time deals on some models. I am in the market for a 2017 Nissan Sentra SL. They had a couple of cars available, top of the line with all features, a $25,000+ car for only $169 per month with ~$1200 down including 1st month, bank fees and dmv fees. Taxes were included. Seemed too good to be true. Reached out to Honcker at 10:30 last night via email and they wrote back immediately(great customer service). Confirmed model was the $25,000 one and not a mistake. Went to sleep on it and the car was gone. New jacked-up prices.
If you don’t mind, can you explain the process a bit after you hit the “lease” button on the app? Do they send you all of the paperwork to review prior to purchase? Still very leery about giving my Social out and then a bait and switch or car chosen not the same on actually delivered.
Thanks,
John

You hit submit and it asks you for information such as your social so they can pull a real credit report. It then gets approved and they will ask you for license picture, and if you have a lease you are returning, the contract. Then you will get an email/alert that the inventory is secured and they will give you the info you need to get temp insurance. Once you have it, you snapshot it and send it. Then the dealer will reach out to you for delivery. You validate all the paperwork at delivery (or pickup). All my numbers/msrp matched the lease I selected. I believe they are pulling real inventory from dealers.

Great. Thanks for your input. The #'s I was quoted for the Sentra on Honcker was way lower than I had been offered for regular Sentra’s, hence the skepticism. Now I wait for another “deal” show up for me on the app for the Sentra. There was also a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that I viewed for $296 per month, 36/12 with about ~$1000 down but that went away also. I think I’ll take the plunge next time a great deal comes along.
PS, I second poor interaction with dealers in the Tri-State area. Many I have talked to so far have been unwilling to give email quotes or even respond to emails. Same thing with some sales managers, all saying to come to the dealership to get their best prices. Most won’t even give me their bad, inflated lease numbers to begin negotiations.

It was not available in my area (Detroit)

2 Likes

I’m interested, but unsure as to how/if I am able to specify the exact packages I am looking for.
For instance, I’m interested in a
2017 Chevy LTZ Z71 midnight edition (all blacked out), with bucket seats.
Can I specify this on the app?

@HonckerLeasing, why does app need permissions to send SMS?

Can someone list which states are available with the app so we don’t have to download if we can’t use it?

It auto inputs a verification code went to you via SMS.

I’ve downloaded the app in December and it didn’t work for me then. It took my information but then couldn’t validate my identity for some reason.
I had contacted the developer of the app. He then suggested a few steps but it didn’t change the result.
After looking at the Highlander deal i tried creating a profile again and it worked.

I can see there are a few great deals like this one…

Chevy traverse 2017 LT
Central NJ zip code
Msrp 37450
$1300 due at signing
$215 per month including taxes
24 months/10000miles per year

and most of other deals are plain vanilla/similar to news paper dealer ads. Only difference is honcker app clearly gives out due at signing which is a good thing.

I contacted their customer service today to understand-

1. How can I apply TFS loyalty coupon to the quotes that I’m seeing
  2. How can I apply MSD to the prices that I’m seeing
    For loyalty i was asked to share the coupon via email so that they can apply it on my account.
    I was told that MSD can be achieved off the app and can be added to the deal once I except the deal shown in the app.
    This looks promising for sure :+1:

I just checked out the app. Its promising for the average folks to lease a vehicle. Looks pretty hassle free and I would assume the majority of car buyers would rather use this app to lease than to haggle for a deal themselves. Definitely not for me though, as I can find better deals on any given day.

Think I am going to take the plunge.
Found a 2017 Nissan Sentra SL, MSRP of $25515. 36/12
Honcker has it for $162.00 including taxes.
Drive off fees are $1406 which includes 1st month, bank fee and dmv fees?

Any thoughts?

Not bad, but not much different to @Orangeman96’s deal …36 month cost of $7000-7100 not incl disp.