App-based Leasing & Purchasing

Max,
Thanks for all of your help and thoughts. I went over @Orangeman96 deal a few times as a baseline for my negotiations with car dealers. This car has a much higher MSRP since it has the SL Premium Tech package that includes a sunroof, forward emergency braking, intelligent cruise control and a Bose sound system, all for the same monthly as Orangeman96. Do I really need all of these extras? Not really but as I was trying to emulate his deal, this comes about the same monthly with the extras. Unfortunately, Honcker doesn’t have the exact model without the Premium package. It does seem to exceed the 1% rule.

Oh in that case it sounds like a better deal…I remember his was a SL as well but I didn’t realize yours had more tech with higher MSRP

Great.
Although still a bit leery, I am going through with it and will post the process going forward (good or bad).

Sounds good…looking fwd to hearing your experience

Well,
I took the plunge and am in the process of using the Honcker app to purchase my Nissan Sentra. I found the car mentioned above, so I initiated the lease through the app. Asked me for a picture of my driver’s license and my Social which I sent through the app. I was then forwarded a brief credit application, basics such as rent/mortgage payment, employer, where the car will be registered etc… Sent them this information Saturday night. Nothing happened on Saturday so I assumed the car dealer was in NJ since dealerships there are closed on Sundays (turned out to be true). All notifications are done through the app. Today Honcker messages me that the credit was approved through Nissan Credit. All I have to do now is provide them with an insurance card. We have already set up the date of delivery for this Friday. The car is being delivered to my house. Saves me the trouble of driving to NJ to pick up the car. Still have not had to sign any paperwork. Honcker says I can still refuse the deal on delivery date if paperwork is wrong or the prices are not what was agreed upon. Hopefully, like @Jayneo74, my process will go as smoothly on the date of signing/delivery. Must say, their customer service has been great to this point. They have instantly responded through emails after hours and again instantly though their chat feature in the app.

1 Like

I downloaded the app and tried to sign up. Twice I filled out all of the information, accepted all of the conditions, and then hit JOIN. I got a confirmation pin number, then the phone said the app stopped. I reopened the app, tried to sign in but nothing was there.

I filled out the information again, did the acceptance of the conditions, hit JOIN, and got another text with a different pin. However, once again the app said it stopped.

I guess I can’t sign up for some reason, or the app has a bug in it. Using Android via a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. Running Android version 6.0.1

I live in Ohio which according to a rep I spoke to the other day doesn’t have any dealers yet. I did however want to start checking prices from other states nearby and would be willing to go and pick up the new leased vehicle if I found something.

ls973800,
sent you an email. I would contact the company directly via email. They have been quick to respond to me even before I agreed to lease a car through them. Go to their website for further info on how to contact them.
JCN

Thanks. I was able to talk to them last week when I first read about their services on these forums. That’s when I found out they aren’t in Ohio yet. I was a little turned off when the person answered the phone and it sounded like an echo chamber from 2 miles underwater! He also sounded distracted, at first I thought it was a call center.

He did answer all of me questions then so perhaps he was on a speaker phone and multitasking.

I haven’t received your email yet but using AOL that’s not too unusual at times. I also checked private messages to see if it went there, but nothing except my welcome message from when I signed up here back in October.

Did you get your car yet? How did everything go?

ls973800
According to their website FAQ’S it states:“you will always pay sales tax in the state where the vehicle is registered”. I live in NY so I assume I will be charged NYS tax as opposed to NJ tax, especially since both States charge differently.
The app has worked flawlessly for me on Android. Now, not all deals on there are great either, many are average at best. I guess it depends on the make and model #. Also at least for my searches, Ford, Subaru and a couple of other brands aren’t offered, I guess they have yet to sign up any of those dealers. Let me know if you have other questions.

@jayneo74
The financing through Nissan got approved yesterday. They are scheduled to deliver the car to my house on Friday morning. All smooth so far. Barring any errors on the contract or if the numbers don’t add up, I’ll be good to go. Will update on Friday.

I downloaded the app for iOS and its awful. It will only show me like 3 Toyotas and the prices just keep flipping and it just says N/A if I click on one. I emailed support 4 days ago and haven’t heard back

NA will be shown when the mileage selected is not supported by the leasing company.
Try changing the mileage and see.

Only suggestion would be to make sure you are doing a “search” instead of looking at the “best deals”. Best deals only show 3 cars from each manufacturer and those are seldom the best deals available. You can do a more thorough search for individual cars or just type in a brand and all model names will appear and then hit the model you are interested in. Be aware that at least for me, several dealers such as ford, Subaru etc… were not listed. Got a feeling they are still working through possible issues since it seems to be a fairly new website and may be trying to sign up more dealers.

The brands that I haven’t seen in the app are Ford, Lincoln, Suburu and GMC. Also some popular new models such as the cx-9 will only occasionally have a listing. I do notice that the prices fluctuate day to day and sometimes even multiple times a day. Since I scored my deal, the closest one was $33 more per month and now they are more like $70 per month more than I am paying. I’m not sure if the price fluctuations are dealer incentives or demand. Definitely an interesting app with potential. It is not perfect but it scored me a good deal and I’m happy with it.

I just downloaded the app. Horrible deals for Lexus RX, X5 &X3 and Audi Q5. Just looking at best deals section also shows what ar NOT best deals. Just read over this sight and you will beat these deals. Maybe it’s a regional thing, I’m in socal and not a single great deal.

Keep checking often. When I got my deal it was over $360 a month for the lowest Highlander XLE and then 1 dropped down to 327. I jumped on it since none of my locals was coming close. On the breakdown of the deal, they discounted the MSRP 12%. No local dealer wanted to give me even 8% off MSRP. Northern NJ dealers are a pain because they don’t want to work with people. So many people, they can move enough cars without giving great deals. I think some have agreed to use this app because they can move even more cars and it is close to no work for them.

I agree with @jayneo74. In theory it is supposed to tailor deals based on your location, their inventory and your credit. Now from what I see most are not great deals and could be considered average at best (skip the best deals sections). It can sometimes be like finding a needle in a haystack. My advice for using this app would be to narrow down the exact car you are looking for and during ongoing negotiations with car dealerships, keep refreshing to see if the app comes back with a better deal than the best offer you are getting from the dealership. The app’s price will not always beat the dealers price.
I believe @jayneo74 feels he got a better deal than he would have otherwise by negotiating himself with dealers in NJ. I feel the same way about dealers in NYC/LI. I’ll definitively know tomorrow, once I complete my deal. I have seen Jeep Wranglers and Infiniti QX30’s appear for short time at competitive lease terms. I also peruse auto lease brokers to see what they are offering for cars I am looking to lease. Using these resources should at least give you a baseline in your own negotiations with dealers and offer an alternative if you are not getting the same deals offered through these types of apps or lease brokers.

Ive tried the search feature as well. I have never gotten a price on anything. It shows all Toyotas but no price at all. Very frustrating as I was hoping to try it out. Oh well. Know of any good broker sites?