Anything affordable and fun to drive?

Touch bases with @nyclife about the Miata. Maybe he can do better than 500 a month. He does Mazdas, but it’s not on his spreadsheet. You never know.

1 Like

I cant say to be honest. I had a 2016 and i don’t believe it had that feature. All and all, I enjoyed the car.

I’ve seen recently in certain regions solid deals on the Genesis g70. A broker in the south sent me for 360 a month if I recall correctly.

My husband has a 2017 Q50 Red Sport that he has to return next month and he’s going to miss it. It is a really fun, fast car. His does not have the steer-by-wire… It was an option in 2017. Not sure if that’s changed. For someone wanting a fun, fast car without a huge monthly payment, this is a good option.

I test drove one of those in a very “spirited fashion” during a UDE event last year and can vouch that it was a real hoot!

1 Like

If you don’t mind driving a little, I’m near NYC.
Just got a 48k Giulia Ti for mid 4 all in. I’m sure you can get a slightly less equipped one closer to 4.

Is that ~$450/month with $0 DAS? I have been looking all around NJ/NY/PA and been quoted $500+/month for a $46k base model. Lowest I got was $460/month all in.

Ya 0 DAS besides first month $457 to be exact. msrp was $47,540

How about the Alfa Romeos? I have a Guilia awd version. They have and SUV also, the Stelvio. Every now and again they “give them away”. I love driving mine. Other fun cars to drive we’ve had are VWs and Audis and the best handling we’ve owned is a mini cooper. I think these are all in your price range. Good luck

Buy a Mazda Miata, any year. In the 00’s, a ‘92 Miata was my daily driver for a few years, sold it for a Porsche, then was back in a Miata (this time a ‘98) just one year later. Still an all time favorite car of mine. And including every single expense, both cost me under $0.25/mile.

2 Likes

Some people equate fast with fun, to those the Miata isn’t the answer. To everyone else, it’s probably the most fun you can have in a car on twisty back roads without doing super illegal speeds. My older Boxster S is usually too fast for those roads to really have fun pushing the car.

I really want to do this but only have one parking spot in my garage. Still been considering it lol

Giulia is the only answer to the answer to affordable fun. ~400/m. Luxury car. Relatively fast , exceedingly nimble in corners.
Just doesn’t have trunk space, or much door storage cubby etc

I like the Giulia, but only answer??

I know this is lease hacker, but many good affordable options for purchase. Personally I don’t consider something fun unless it has a manual transmission, so that would exclude most of what leases well.

Yes, Giulia is the ONLY answer… :stuck_out_tongue:

I have sen several posts here noting the Giulia is unreliable - even during first 3 years. Long stays in service. No loaner cars made available. Accurate assessment ??

1 Like

Almost any time I see “the only answer,” I automatically know it’s not the case.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

:bat:

1 Like

Everything is a compromise in life. Performance, speed, convenience, money, reliability etc. You gotta find what you can live with and without. Based on OP’s requirements, reliability wasn’t one of them :smiley:

1 Like

Quite 2020

Supra
M230xi
Z4

These are all hot little numbers that are in good Lease hacker territory.