Anything affordable and fun to drive?

Dude just stop. Volvo is the most bland luxury bland of them all. just let it go

2 Likes

Didn’t have to say it twice :laughing:.

Like I said havent driven them im definetly going to check it out. I have a toy in the garage too so im just looking for something that can put a smile on my face commuting to work. And its Fusion not a Taurus, a lot smaller and more agile but still not a small car.

I’d say look into a Infiniti Q50. Maybe if you could save a few dollars on your insurance that would free up some extra cash for your car. I can definitely assist you with that.

Fusion is definitely smaller. The V6 is much better than the 4 cylinder.

there were a few crazy deals on 2019 genesis G70 manuals (2.0T, not 3.3) with RWD. Not sure what 2020 deals look like, but this happened 7 months ago.

1 Like

its not that i cant afford it, im just not willing to spend hundreds of dollars more per month. I want to stay around 400 but would be okay going higher for the right car. But do those Q50s still have that awful steer by wire setup?

Havent seen anything good on 2020s yet. 2.0T Sprt M/T are around $40K and one place wanted over $600 a month.

That seems to be my issue is I find cars like the Miata RF, Camaro LT1, G70 MT , CT4 and Stinger GT Line but they are all way over the “1%” guideline most of the residuals on them are not great. One place wanted $490 per month for a $27K Toyota 86! I would just buy it at that rate lol.

BMW 2 series maybe? or maybe you could get a good deal on a Giulia

1 Like

The 2 Is the only BMW I like. Kind of forgot about them. Alfa dealer up here has no deals whatsoever so I had not even thought about those either.

You can see people here got really good Stelvio and Giulia deals recently and its right around your budget

1 Like

330i is rwd or awd

I wonder if an x2 m35i can be had for < $500… that seems like a hot hatch from what I’ve read. It is 4 wheel drive and lowered relative to a standard x2.

Interesting. I would expect minimum of 10% discount possible + ~5k lease cash and <1% APR, which should get you into striking distance of $400.

Touch bases with @nyclife about the Miata. Maybe he can do better than 500 a month. He does Mazdas, but it’s not on his spreadsheet. You never know.

1 Like

I cant say to be honest. I had a 2016 and i don’t believe it had that feature. All and all, I enjoyed the car.

I’ve seen recently in certain regions solid deals on the Genesis g70. A broker in the south sent me for 360 a month if I recall correctly.

My husband has a 2017 Q50 Red Sport that he has to return next month and he’s going to miss it. It is a really fun, fast car. His does not have the steer-by-wire… It was an option in 2017. Not sure if that’s changed. For someone wanting a fun, fast car without a huge monthly payment, this is a good option.

I test drove one of those in a very “spirited fashion” during a UDE event last year and can vouch that it was a real hoot!

1 Like