Alfa Romeo Giulia Deal

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Base AWD)

MSRP: [$41900]]
Rebates: $3750]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [optional]
Residual: [20950] (50 % roughly quoted)

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$3000]
Monthly Payment (after tax): [$437]

Zip Code: [MA]
Sales Tax Rate: [4.5%]

Is this a good deal? Thanks!

This is from a dealer in Southern California
https://www.ocfiat.com/inventory/New-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia/

3 Likes

Too bad, I don’t live in that state :frowning:

Above quote is for 36 months and 10K per year and its an AWD valued at 41900.

The fine print from the ad states that the lease works for models with MSRP up to $40340.

So your car has an MSRP ~4% higher. See if you can get your dealer to do something like the ad plus 4% (or so)

1 Like

Will do. This is very helpful. Thanks!

Another option is to lease out of state and then ship. If shipping costs $1000. over 36 months that’s just ~$27 a month for shipping.

1 Like

Also the fine print states 24 Months, doesn’t the price go up for 36 months? Is there a fixed ratio for this?

I’m not sure what a fixed ratio is but in general I’ll say this. When Rebates are huge 24 month leases may be least expensive. When Rebates aren’t so big 36 months may be less costly.

1 Like

http://www.johnsonalfaromeoofannapolis.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Giulia

1 Like

I wanted to order from PA to Cali but shipping was $2k. Couldn’t swallow a pill that big.

Seeing more deals in CA than East Coast.

Dealership did not go down, instead they offered me free maintenance/service for 3 years.

This dealer in PA has been offering decent deals. Shoot for 12% off MSRP, then rebates applied to that. Go with 24 months over 36 and you’ll be sub $400 in no time.

jsutton@fiatoferie.com has given me no b.s. answers on any lease quotes. Decided to wait on getting a Giulia till around November or December, but he’s one of those rare sales guys who knows what he’s talking about, doesn’t string you around, and willing to work with out of state buyers.

1 Like

Pulled the trigger, I couldn’t wait any more.

Compared bunch of dealerships in my area, but this was the best I could find and its 100 miles away.

What were the final specs of the deal? Why the $3000 down?

Its this one: https://www.alfaromeousaofmechanicsburg.com/new/Alfa+Romeo/2017-Alfa+Romeo-Giulia-40587f920a0e0adf4dcd53fbf31323df.htm

I think rebate was for driving a Corolla and some manufacturer rebates was what they mentioned.

I kinda like chocolate colored interiors too.

3K down + 437 (36 months) + 3 Years maintenance

My best offer from local Indy has been $435/mo, 24 pos, 10k, $first month due at signing. RWD $40k.

Hope you enjoy the car, that deal is pretty bad hate to say. Seems they maybe gave you 1-2% off MSRP. Let me know how the car is!

2 Likes

How so (trying to learn for future):

(437 * 36) + 3000 = 18732 for 36 months

Residual Value = .50 (41900) = 20950

Therefore if I were to buy the car, it would be 20950 + 18732 = 39682

% saved = (41900 - 39682) / 41900 * 100 = 5.3 %

Am I missing something here?

It’ll always be a better deal to lease vs buy in the short term, even with a bad deal, so that’s why we don’t look at numbers like that. Instead we look at the total lease cost.

Rule of thumb (and debated) is that a good deal is less than 1% of MSRP. So for a $41,990 car, would be looking for a payment of under $410 a month. Varies depending on taxes, how much up front etc, but it’s a rule of thumb. Also hackrs never put any money down except for first month payment or some doc fees at most. Your effective payment is $520 a month with tax (and a very low tax rate at that!), so that’s why to most around here it’d be considered a bad deal.

However it’s not like you are getting robbed, still a new car, and a great car at that, so don’t worry too much about missing out and just keep in mind on the next lease. :slight_smile:

1 Like