Advice Please! 2021 430 BMW

Am I wrong that a lot of brokers are currently offering deals on the 430 that blow this out of the water?

Not strictly in Florida, but in the south and northeast. Get it shipped and call it a day.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for your help., I’m excited about ventilated seats being in this terrible humidity!

Yikes, I am very familiar with that dealership, they are just about the worst one in our area. That really speaks volumes considering we are in Florida. Several years ago we stopped in that dealership looking to replace our current lease that was getting ready to mature. We were interested in a specific vehicle (5 series, if I recall) and we asked to test drive the vehicle. They asked us for a credit card deposit to TEST DRIVE a vehicle. We actually thought it was some kind of joke. Nope, he was serious. Yeah, we declined the “offer” to test drive. We still laugh about it today. We have leased 5 different BMW’s and only one from a Florida dealership. We always give them the opportunity to have our business but the deals are cringe worthy. If you really want to do your lease with a Florida dealership reach out to Bert Smith BMW in St. Pete and ask for Greg Miller. He is professional and will give you an honest quote. We felt the offer was still too high for us but we are willing to travel or wait out the “shortages”. However, they were the most straight forward, no BS. Also, keep in mind you can extend your current lease a few months without much effort and that would give you a bit more time to gather quotes. Last, make sure the inventory is really what they are telling you regarding “shortages”. Use the inventory search tool here on LeaseHackr to search the radius of your choice and see exactly how many vehicles are currently in stock. You can also use the tool to find the car with the EXACT options that you want so you don’t pay for stuff you don’t need. Good luck and please post back in the Share A Deal section to let others know how you came out.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m so disappointed in Reeves I’ve been a customer since 2004 and they wiped me out, I’m so not happy right now. I had a rep there that I loved, but he moved back up north, unfortunately. Luckily, I got friendly with the manager and he always took pretty good care of me. They know how I operate, well this time my rep, who used to be good, tried all the shady tactics that a used car salesman uses on young first time car buyers. I was at the dealership twice already. , My current lease was getting an oil change and service, when they found a very odd issue, covered by insurance, so they gave me a piece of shit loaner, (that’s all they had, supposedly) to use and needed it back yesterday, a golf cart would move faster. Rushed me up there last night, sales guy said finance guy could work a little bit better on the deal. I like the finance guy, but he came up to me apologized he was working with someone else and asked if we got everything worked out. I told him no, he said you might be able to do better, he was a little pissed and told me he’d be right back. They had me sitting for 2 hours, I was working, but still it was not ok. They kept bouncing me back and forth, were not on the same page and manager wasn’t there. I’m still shocked. So they’re telling me they took 4K off msrp the day before, luckily I took a photo of the sticker that he pulled up on his fancy flatscreen that all the sales reps have on their desks now. Well I just looked at it and he added fees in to mark up the MSRP!! As I said, I’ve been with them since 2004, had a few cars prior, and in all of my years in buying cars I’ve never seen such a thing. Has anyone ever seen this? I can’t wait until Monday to talk to the manager. emphasized text

Or letting me post photo!

ok, here it is.

What is OL/Penfed, sorry I’m a girl dk know all this stuff

What does your gender have to do with anything? :confused:

Stop wasting time at the dealer and being upset at them. Do your research, know what a reasonable monthly payment/DAS target is based on the lease inputs, and contact local dealers with your offer.

Or just go in the marketplace and have one shipped from a broker and pay them to do the work.

@BMWPros is a good dealer in Atlanta.

2 Likes

My apologies if I offended you, but never got into all the terms, always got pretty good deals, so I thought. This is the first time the “shady” tactics were used, They sure treated me like a girl going to lease a car on their own for the first time. I’ve been told that’s still a thing, the reason I mentioned it. I’m glad I found this forum, and I thought it was used to research, am I wrong?

1 Like

I’m not offended, I’m just channeling my wife who would punch me in the face if I suggested that she couldn’t do basic math or research because she is a female :frowning: I was under the impression that in 2021 we weren’t doing gender roles anymore. But what do I know, I own a chauvinistic minivan :man_shrugging:

This forum is for us to help you get a decent lease deal and most important to teach how to do so. Not for us to do it for you (except in the marketplace where you can pay brokers to do it or look at dealer offers).

In this thread, Posts 2 and 3 (and several others) had very helpful information and suggestions for you to be able to get a lease deal. Did you read these and understand them? I don’t think so because you were just at the dealer asking them what they wanted you to pay and being lied to. How can we help or what are you asking?

5 Likes

This might sting a little…if you don’t want to be treated like a “young girl first time lessee” stop acting like one. Put on your big girl pants, do your research, make the effort to learn the specifics of a lease and know what you are willing to pay for the car. Stop being so emotional this is just a business transaction. The dealership may be able to meet your terms and they may not NEED to do the deal this month. Ultimately it is their choice, move on. And for goodness sake stop sitting in the dealership for two hours. What were you thinking? Most of us won’t even talk to them on the phone. Text or email work just fine. If your not up to the task, hire one of the brokers as it will probably be the best money you have ever spent. People on this forum are incredibly patient and helpful but too much whining about your “relationships” with car salesman will get you some pretty harsh responses. Again, put on your big girl pants and leave your emotions in the back pocket. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I will be hiring a broker next time, that’s for sure.

Lol thank you for the advice!

So you signed this?

Can I lock the thread based on your non responses and no questions being asked? (The title of the forum is ask the hackrs)

1 Like

I hope that you haven’t signed this.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine ever shopping at Reeves after that quote. Did you try BMW Wesley Chapel? They’re part of Morgan Auto Group. Reeves gave me a terrible quote on a car after I went in with targeted numbers based on other deals I negotiated and laughed. Never replied back to that email thread and bought my car in AL and drove it down for hundreds less per month than they were asking.

Not to mention buying out of FL saves you from the dreaded $1000 documentation fee and dealer service fees.

1 Like

I know the place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can someone make a meme for Reeves???

2 Likes

This is what a broker deal looks like on this car considering similar terms, MSRP and 6% FL tax w 2500 DAS

Please tell me you didnt sign the deal you were offered, if you did that lucky salesman probably was put on the next flight to Turks & Caicos

Their location would be 8.5%, though new tax rate is 7.5% after March now. Guessing though most dealers will write it at 8.5% and let BMWFS correct it.

Strong deals can still be had, just takes time or go the broker route.

I did, and the guy was supposed to call me back, an guy named Alex I think, I’m going to call him now, think they’re open today. Also, I learned everything about calculating the lease and boy did the “bend me over” so to speak. I am a little surprised and I will let them know. My best friend is moving back here, has fairly new Tesla but hates it and I told her to look at the x6, they just lost that business. The owner at Reeves does hate to lose long term customers but they just lost one. But thank you everyone for the advice, insults, etc., I’m joking it actually made me laugh and forced me to learn. The past 4 years have been tough as I was caring for my elderly mom and trying to grow a business when TGH killed her on Christmas Day, so I’ve been emotional and did not expect that from them. But I’m glad I learned and I will find a broker on here to deal with this for me, it’s worth the money. Cheers.

2 Likes