Advice, Nicest SUV I can least in South FL in $700 range

Hello all!

Looking for some advice as to the nicest SUV I would be able to lease in the South Florida area in the $650-$700 range.

Some of the options I was considering were the following:

GV80
Macan
Velar
X5

My credit score across the 3 bureaus ranges from 730-770.

As far as money down, I would like to just give the min to cover the first month and also reg, tag, etc…

Is this price range doable with some of the options I mentioned above?

Thanks and I look forward to your suggestions and opinions.

Acura MDX with all protection packages will run into 1k. Perhaps an X3 at this price range. Or Xc90.

13 Likes

Have you looked at any recent deals or broker deals to see if your range is attainable in this current market? Forget the Macan and Velar; they leased horribly before the chip shortage, so will probably lease even worse now.

Does that payment include taxes? Are you also factoring in whether you will be paying fees and first month at signing? If no, that could easily be an additional $3k (given the crazy high doc fees in FL).

1 Like

Thanks! I will take a look at these models

I havent looked at any deals, Im only speaking to a dealer currently about the GV80 and they are getting close to the payment I would like to be at.

I think incl taxes the most I could be at is around $740.

I would step away from talking to a dealer about achieving your monthly. If you have not already done so, please educate yourself on how leasing works by reading Leasing 101 — EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR.

1 Like

Talking to dealers is for finding someone to do your deal, not for asking them how much something should cost to lease.

Would you go into any other five figure financial negotiation without already knowing where you were trying to get to?

Step away from talking to dealers until you’ve worked out what your deal needs to be and then only talk to them to find the one that will do that.

6 Likes

You should be able to get an X5 in the 700s, pre-tax, if you can find one you like that stickers below 70,000. If a base BMW is not your thing, look at Lexus. Lexus gives you a lot of car for the money.

1 Like

IMO these threads should be locked until this is answered

5 Likes

11 Likes

How about a nice HA or Rubicon Wrangler. Pretty much ever option and you should be under $600 with just the 1st month. Perfect SFLA car!

Thank you all for the advice and how quickly you all responded.

So i sent some genesis dealers in my area MY deal to see if they bite on it. We shall wait and see.

I will update. I really like the GV80 compared with the Acura, or the Jeep.

Out of curiosity, what is your target deal? What pre-incentive discount are you shooting for?

1 Like

I love that GV80 but can’t see a payment in the 7s…

1 Like

Welp, I sent them this offer sheet below and I will report back if I receive any response and if those responses include any cursing :rofl:

Not a chance in hell you’re getting 12% pre-incentive on a GV80. You also aren’t going to do yourself any favors by sending them a screenshot of the LH calculator.

You have, however, blown your chance with every dealer you sent this to.

Step back, stop talking to dealers, and work out a real target price that isn’t based on hopes and dreams.

5 Likes

:point_up::point_up: What Matt said.

My advice still stands.

1 Like

Hey,

Oh no, I did’nt send the screenshot itself, just the details. Perhaps I worded it badly.

Either way, you’ve overshot reality on this offer so significantly that you’ve probably earned a CRM scarlett letter for being unreasonable.

Making offers is a great strategy for being successful, but only if they’re offers that could potentially make viable business sense for a dealer to act on them. This offer is so far out of bed with reality that it only shows that you either failed to do your research or ignored it all together.

1 Like

He sent them numbers based on 12% off MSRP. With some cars that’s realistic but maybe with this one it isn’t.

What is a realistic pre-incentive discount on this vehicle? Are we talking 3-4% or are we talking 8-10%?