2021 Porsche Macan Lease

First time leading and I didn’t want to talk into a dealership without educating myself via this forum on leasing. I was browsing some stealer ships online and filled out an online form on leasing a Porsche Macan. This is the deal that the system generated based on my options. I am based in Atlanta. Just want input on what you make of this lease

Be sure to specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY) is mandatory.

Online dealer lease calculators are useless.

What deal do you want evaluated? That’s just a MSRP / zero discount quote . Which is terrible for a Macan.

In normal times you’d want ~10% off for a good deal, they won’t just hand out the discount tho.

4 Likes

That’s ridiculously awful. Just do the math. You’d be paying $57k to lease a $61k car.

14 Likes

Isn’t it worse that that? That’s just the payments. Shouldn’t the 6100 down payment be added on top?

3 Likes

Welcome! Thanks for educating yourself and asking before you sign.

Recycling this for context

Before I give you the template reply:

• delete this deal and start over
  • this is one of the worst times in history to lease. Most cars don’t lease well. If you don’t need to lease now, wait 6 months
  • Porsches never lease well, the macan is no exception. MSRP and buy-rate is a best case
  • the comparable Audi will likely lease better
  • consider just hiring a broker and saving you many, many, many more dollars than you could yourself.

The best place to start is

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

1 Like

You may be much happier price-wise with an SQ5.

I wouldn’t bother with price calculators on dealer sites, get the numbers from Edmunds and target a deal at buy rate MF.

It will be extremely difficult finding a deal with any kind of discount off MSRP.

2 Likes

10 % off on a new Porsche is not happening. Let’s not forget there is an ongoing chip shortage causing inventory issues.

@Jojee - Are you married to the Macan?

2 Likes

What’s MSRP on this Macan? Have you shopped your trade-in to Carvana, Vroom, etc? Depending on the discount, may be good to just sell your trade-in to a third party and finance this. Even if you pay MSRP it will be a far better discount than what you were quoted.

Or if you can wait follow @jeisensc. I could wait a couple months but not 6-12 months so I ended up leasing something I can swap/flip when great deals return to the market.

where in the world did you pull that number out of?

4 Likes

Good luck with that.

3 Likes

That’s lala land. I can do that in ‘normal’ times, right now you can get 5% and a markup.

5 Likes

I can’t even deal with some of these… LOL

1 Like

It must be a great time to be a car salesperson. I have never seen this forum flooded with so many bad lease quotes. If consumers bite - dealerships are now making a killing and fully deserve their unflattering reputation as thieves.

1 Like

Only believe in supply and demand when it’s working in your favor?

3 Likes

Yeah 10% off is a good achievable deal in “normal” times. TBD when that resumes (this fall? Winter?). Right now you might just not be able to get w great deal on a Porsche and might need to settle with 5%.

I don’t think Porsche has reduced production due to chips etc. (I’m sure they get priority within VW group given eqch car is so much more profitable than a VW/Audi) but car demand is high right now…

Clearly you have no clue what the current market conditions are.

3 Likes

And they aren’t making a killing. The dealership I was at the other night usually has 300 new cars on their lot, last night they had 5. So sure, maybe on those 5 cars they are making more than they normally would, but I’m sure they would rather be making a little bit on 300 cars, than a little more on 5 cars.

3 Likes

See above on market conditions.

What makes you think they haven’t sold the cars that would be otherwise sitting on the lot?

Porsche shipped 36% more cars Q1 2021 vs.Q1 2020 worldwide and +45% US. I’m not sure why you think dealers are selling less these days, who is selling these cars? And it’s not like 2020 was a bad year (even with COVID), it was 3% off their all-time record.

“In 2020 Porsche achieves robust level of deliveries in 2020 Porsche delivered a total of 272,162 new vehicles worldwide last year, just three per cent below the record set in 2019.”

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2021/company/porsche-increases-deliveries-quarter-1-2021-24186.html

It’s kindof fake news that Porsche production is down and that’s why prices are up. Production is up, demand is up even more.

“The demand in the first quarter confirms the sports car manufacturer’s optimistic outlook for 2021 as a whole. “Order bookings also continue to develop very well. We will fulfil the dreams of many more customers with our sports cars in the coming months,” says Detlev von Platen.”

Different story for some low cost cars where the spot price for certain parts is so high right now that it eliminates the manufacture profitability so they’d rather not build and have reduced production. Or small batch production that has no locked-in supply at all (VW group is not one of those).

Why are we looking at Q1 numbers when discussing a Q2 supply shortage?

3 Likes

Isn’t that a production figures press release which would again still have no bearings at all on current issues.

Might be wrong I heavily skimmed.