Advice Needed: 3-Row SUV Needed Soon

Why do you need to be persuaded? I don’t get it.

Here are the big issues from a cargo stand point with the cx9:

With the 3rd row up, the tops of the rear seats basically touch the glass, meaning your cargo area is essentially triangular instead of rectangular. This makes taller objects hard to fit.

The next major issue is a large amount of the cargo floor with the 3rd row down is lost to the fender wells. Look at how narrow the width of the 3rd row is compared to the 2nd.

Unfortunately, that narrow width extends all the way to the opening, so while in some vehicles, you can put larger objects on top of the cupholders, etc, youre very limited by how large of an object you can even get in the back.

The qx60, on the other hand, has a much wider opening that continues the whole way, doesnt cut off a bunch of usable volume with the raking rear door, etc

There is no comparison in usable cargo space between the cx9 and the qx60.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? I’m asking questions to be informed not persuaded, but I guess you were taking me too literally. Plus, who cares if I want to be persuaded what’s it to you?

Incredibly helpful post. Thanks for this! I haven’t been in a CX9 and the exterior dimensions are deceiving.

It truely is impressive how small inside it is for how large it is outside.

1 Like

that’s very interesting. what did they surmise caused that difference?

i didn’t hate it as much as @mllcb42 did but i strongly disliked it for many of the same reasons after having one for almost a month as a rental a few years ago. i test drove a new one late last year and found it just as obnoxious.

2 Likes

$2000 CCR
$1500 loyalty/conquest
$500 cyber cash
$1000 Costco

Just helped my sister with one.

$557 with $1000 DAS on a LT leather AWD

Can this be for Texas? Or only NE?

Delivery to NY/NJ/CT/PA

All other states must pick up.

Currently have a 2019 CX-9 GT and it’s all around the best vehicle I’ve had - previous cars include an X5, Stelvio and currently have an ‘18 SL550 in the garage, so that says how highly I think of the Mazda. It’s super quiet on the road, driving dynamics defy it’s size, fit-and-finish is great. It just feels very nice. Can’t understand why anyone would say they’re crap. However, I do agree the cargo space is not segment leading, but it is more than adequate for our needs.

4 Likes

Lot of good discussion - being in the same boat as you - looking for december deals . One thing I can say - if you are not in a immediate rush ( like if your car broke down and nothing to drive / renting etc …) then wait - atleast do not pay over MSRP . I have found several deals including 5% to 10% off msrp for a luxury suv - but I am not moving forward

I am in the same boat – looking for a 3-row with my lease expiring in December. I am torn between leasing or taking a loan – take on the high MF with a higher payment or take the depreciation risk with a loan.

I’d like to get into an XC90 or another QX60 ideally, so we’ll see what December brings.

Hi all -

Sorry in advance for this being a bit thin on information but curious some thoughts (and maybe tips on a target). My family member recently signed a deal on a Pathfinder Platinum. He settled on $599/mo with $2,500 DAS (which he claims included first month). The term was 24/12. That is, unfortunately, all I have to go on right now. Does that sound like ballpark? He was coming out of an Infiniti, so not sure if any loyalty applied.

On that note: If I were in the market for a Pathfinder Platinum, what do we think should be a target? I know brokers here have said they are still going above MSRP. Just havent seen much talk about the vehicle so figured I’d start a thread.

Thanks!

You need to find the MSRP, that number will change everything.
The pathfinder can be between 53-55k and that’s not even counting adm.

But $599 by itself sounds slightly high, so I think there’s a ton of ADM in there.
It’s 81% on a 24/10 btw

Go to Edmunds forum and find out the MF, rebates and residual. Then find out the MSRP in the Nissan website (there are not many options for this car) and plug it into the LH Calculator. You can then play with the numbers until you get to your monthly payment and work out what the deal really is. This will be partly guess work as without knowing if there are dealer addons etc you will never have a true idea.

You can also check out the various brokers who have listings here.

Hi all -

Got an offer on a '23 Traverse AWD Premier. Per what I’ve received from Edmunds (for a 24/12k term), they are at buy-rate, but I’m having a hard time figuring out how they get to these numbers. Calculator linked below using a 24/12k term with $1k down - and I just put in $500 for Govt Fees. I’m a bit confused by the rebates but through my employer I’m eligible for supplier pricing, also eligible for conquest and costco. Attached is what they provided me.

I’m just shopping around but going to pull the trigger when the deal is right. This doesnt feel like it, but if nothing else its educational to me to see how they’re getting to these figures.

Thanks!

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Chevrolet&miles=12000&msrp=54235&sales_price=51957&months=24&mf=.00365&msd=0&dp=1000&dealer_fee=175&acq_fee=695&disp_fee=395&taxed_inc=6000&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=70&reg_fee=500&sales_tax=8.875&demo_mileage=0&memo=&tradein=0&fin_sp=0&fin_taxed_fee=0&fin_untaxed_fee=0&fin_term=60&fin_apr=1.85&fin_dp=0&fin_rebate=0&fin_ps_rebate=0&keep_term=60&exp_rv=0&totalLeaseTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&ny_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&lease_result_mode=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

If the XC90 isn’t luxury, why would you even consider that?

At a 700+ payment!?!?

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/traverse

1 Like