Acura NSX deals! $30k rebate and big discounts

Thanks for pointing to these comparisons. Honda NSX is compared to 1)$95k GTR (driven/commented by two non-drivers/entertainers) 2) $18k motorcycle (seriously?) 3) $130k Tesla (Tesla obliterates Honda in the first 3 runs, but gets a delayed launch in 4th run which is what this edited vid shows.

Proves my point exactly. It’s a lovely 130k hybrid Honda which will likely be selling used in high double digits this time next year.

Randy probst was driving the cars.

look at the track time at the end, you hate the car it takes out the 488 and a 400k lambo. IF you don’t like it or can’t buy one stay off the thread bottom line it is within a few 10ths of second of the best out there and it drives amazing. If you don’t want to accept that thats fine but its reality.

I see civil discourse and general arguments gave way to a personal attack rather quickly. That mostly happens when someone exhausts their reasoning and argumentative faculties and/or is butt hurt. You mad, bro?

It will go up in value limited production and special order only in 2018… Your hate for the 2nd gen NSX amazing. If your such a lease hacker what car in 2008 which was considered a supercar had the exact same thing happen with discounts and later when lesees returned the car they made money by selling it back to the dealer???

The NSX has faster 0-60 times than the 911 turbo and the 911 turbo s (2.9 and 2.8 respectively, while the nsx is 2.7). Also the NSX will beat a Huracán and a 488. The NSX is cheaper than every single car on that list. And some of them by 100k.

NO when someone does not watch the whole video or know that randy probst is their track driver and shows a true lack of reasoning due to be blinded by their hate for of all things a car… That person is unreasonable as no matter what you say or show them they have already made up their mind.

How else would you describe yourself? And your discourse is neither civil nor objective you clearly have preconceived notions and clearly have never driven the car or probably any supercar and are simply an armchair quarterback or keyboard warrior.

You mad bro? No but you are clearly mad at the NSX for some reason…

Here is your childlike quotes for anyone that gives the NSX a good review.

“Matt Farah as in driver/car authority? Hilarious.”

“driven/commented by two non-drivers/entertainers”

Again no matter what is shown there is no reasoning with you clearly. Your argument are not general but one sided and anyone who differs from your opinions is wrong no matter what facts support it.

Do us a favor If you can’t help someone get a cheaper lease on an NSX which is what I did by starting this thread then stay off it.

The only reason this thread even exists, is because Honda had to throw in $30k in cash at the car to make it even remotely appealing. Dealers had to ‘contribute’ another 15k or in some cases double that to move these. And by moving, I mean get to 1200/mo lease payment to make the deals stick. Very few of these cars, outside of a few initial collectors, were bought. Most were/are leased for Tesla P90d monthly rent.

My argument isn’t how good or not good the engineering aspect of the car is, I’m sure it’s a marvel of engineering, and kudos to Honda for giving it a (delayed) go, it’s just not 200k great. Even at 130k, one would be ignoring some pretty awesome hardware (911 Turbo, GTR Track, Z06, P100d) on the way to a Honda dealer.

and again with supercars at the end of the year ( with the exception of Ferrari unless its the California) this type of discounting is common again this happened in the late 2000s with an iconic supercar (R8) that leasees later sold back to the dealer for a profit. these discounts are common if you look at the McLaren, R8, I8, leftover 911 turbo and turbo s. as well as aston martins Though I don’t consider the I8 or aston to be a supercar. Hell even the Z06 is getting massive discounts as well as the GTR.

The double 30k incentives you speak of for a total of $60k off are on exposure vehicles only, granted some of those were not driven much (couple miles) others had over 1k miles on them and the dealer was paid $2k a month incentive while car was in use. But on a new vehicle non exposure its around 30k and maybe a little over 15k on a 200k non exposure car if the msrp is say $160k expect $30k plus 8k to 10k. If you do better good for you.

The only car that is even in the same class is the 911 turbo whixh starts at over 160k. I don’t know how you could be comparing a Tesla and a NSX.

Right and the 911 turbo does not have the exotic looks of the NSX or the low production numbers and is more common. It also is not as comfortable to drive in over long periods. The NSX seats are amazing.

There is a disconnect in logic and discussion in this thread. The fact that the car is fast and really awesome versus it’s manufacturer’s suggested retail price. The former is being used to justify the actual MSRP and the latter is being attacked by the market reality that the car is not flying off the shelves. It doesn’t make one position right and the other wrong, but the $30,000 incentive to move 2017s is a big matzo ball for today’s valuation analysis. Any price stabilization or increase in popularity that may occur a few years down the line (at the 3 or 4 or 5 year marks, etc.) is irrelevant to its purported MSRP today. While I do not think it’s a $130k car insofar msrp is concerned, another thing that is forgotten is that the 2017 200k/160k version is no longer worth 200k/160k in 2018. Any dealer asking for 80% of its msrp is going to be in a world of hurt come 2/1/18 and the expiration of the $30k incentive. This forum regularly tells hackers to ask for 20% off before incentives. Do we suddenly have amnesia because it’s a supercar?

price stabilization will occur this year its simple supply and demand. There are currently 68 new NSX left for sale on auto trader. There were over 200 0f these new when i was looking in June of last year so the REALITY is they are flying off the shelves especially for an exotic.

As far as this forum tells hackers to ask for 20% off before incentives I really don’t think that applies with an incentive this large and I don’t think this forum typically deals with $30k incentives.

With that logic what if it were a $10k incentive and then you got 20% percent off msrp on top so that would qualify as a good deal??

20% on top off a $30k incentive is unreasonable;sitic though it has been done on a handful of 200k plus exposure cars.

The $30k incentive does not throw a big matzo ball as you say because once these models are sold, and they will be as this incentive goes until the end of March theres your supply and demand. 2018 will be special order only making these cars extremely rare. Since 2016 there have been less then 1000 of these cars made give or take.

Simply put when March rolls around there will be none left at this rate. We are getting close right now to there being an average of only 1 new car per a state for sale.

I agree on the $200k version of the car though you don’t need $40k of worthless carbon fibre add ons that do nothing of performance. The CCB brakes are questionable for street driving as well. The problem was the dealers bloated the cars up with options that no owner would have specced and hoped to jump on the hype train of the NSX. They were wrong as owners wanted to spec their own cars. So these cars are the ones that will be getting the big discounts like you state including the rebate.

The only difference between this exotic and the others Lambo, McLaren etc is they don’t offer $30k incentives like Acura you negotiate them. At the end of the year you can do just as well in some cases off MSRP as people have done with the NSX including rebate and dealer discounts. You can’t get a very good lease but if you want to buy one you can get a great discount. Its just kept a little more hush hush.

This is nothing new in the exotic car market but MOST people on lease hacker are not aware of this. and the keep citing the $30k incentive and the NSX is a failure the market has spoken blah blah.

If thats the case then MCLARENS are a failure as well as I8,R8, 911 TURBO, ASTON MARTIN the only exception is Ferrari but not the California T you can discount that. . They may have sold more R8s this year but they were discounting the crap out of them the last few months. It just was not advertised as an incentive you negotiated it .

Again i sound like a broken record here but i have done this many times on exotics nothing new.

BTW guys incentive should be here until end of MARCH unless something changes

my guess is all inventory will be gone by then though.

Who cares if it goes down in value. You are posting on a Lease forum. If you don’t like the car, BFD, go buy something else. If you like it, buy it and enjoy it. That’s all there is to it. It’s a fast car, as is the MCL, 488, 911S, GTR, and 100D.

1 Like

Thanks for your forceful defense. I have realized that there is yet another disconnect. You are saying that prices for new ones (2018s) will stabilize. I agree because they are order only. Hard to negotiate on unseen items.

But what I’m saying is different — that the price for 2017s will continue to plummet because of all of the reasons noted before. I believe the downward pressure will continue for a few years until the NSX gets into the Z8 category, limited run stuff. You seem to agree in saying that 2017s will eventually stabilize because there aren’t many of these to go around. But in the meantime (which is all that I’ve been trying to say) is that the 2017 NSXs will continue to fall in cost.

The other exotics have better brand and name cachet. Heck, i8s go for $150k when in reality it’s probably a $100k car. But it’s a BMW. And, the doors open upwards. :wink:

I like the NSX. But it is not worth what dealers are asking for it.

The 20% off holds because the incentive has to be seen in relationship to the percentage of msrp. Volvo had $10,000 in incentives for the s90 which is roughly 1/3 the cost of the nsx. Same for many jaguar sedans and Maserati ghiblis, etc. I think infinitis and Acura sedans are much the same as well, having seen the typical deals posted on here.

With that said, I think I am coming around to your thought process — assuming that I stated it correctly above.

I get what your saying but The NSX costs far more to build than a Volvo and the actual margin on the car is quite slim. Its a handmade vehicle and requires more skilled employees and cost far more to develop as well as the special materials used for the car carbon fibre, aluminum etc again much less margin. Also the fact that it has its OWN facility specifically designed for its build along with its special designated team of concierge that cater to NSX owners and will fly people out to fix the car if a problem arises.
There is ALOT more cost on this car then a regular leasehacker deal.

10% would be a good guidline,The car is literally a technological marvel. So its harder to stick with that 20% rule. Also the NSX is a much more limited production car. Its numbers actually are in line with the Lexus LFA or the Audi R8 but much more limited than the R*8

Whats going to happen is that no one will order a 2018 because there is no discount and no change for the model year. They will opt for the few remaining 2017s with discounts.

The 2017 will not fall in value though much like what happened with the LFA or R8 because they seem to have hit the sweet spot with these discounts and as long as their moving nothing needs to be changed. Its the right price point for the over optioned cars and their is demand.

Once the 2017s are gone and that will be shortly The 2018 NSX will sell for MSRP because people can spec them how they want and not bloat a $150k car to $200k with useless carbon options that are only cosmetic. Also there won’t be any sitting on dealer lots again special order only.

This is when those that bought the 2017s will experience an increase in the value of their cars because of lack of supply and increase in demand relative to the number available. There will be a complete lack of supply due to the limited nature of this car and the scarcity will cause a value increase and Acura not mass producing the 2018’s will have a direct value increasing effect on the 2017’s.

Heres where the NSX shines, in its base price range 150k it is a much better value then the 2017 base R8 which is more expensive and is not as fast nor does it handle as well or does it have the looks of the NSX. It also doesn’t come with all the options the NSX has as standard. The NSX also a better value in base form compared the the McLaren 570s which is slightly faster but costs a lot more and reliability is literally a joke.

This coming from an owner of exotics so I can compare these vehicles, I hope you guys that are able pic this car up and don’t let the hate and negativity sway you. 20% of msrp is a completely unrealistic number considering the cost and research to Acura as well as what involved with the car. If you can get it and the ones that have did it on high mile exposure cars though some were low mile early models. Usually it seems the color on those cars was black or valencia red for some reason…

This is not a Chevy Malibu or a Volvo or a BMW this is a hyper car.

Just because you are not getting 20% off the vehicle in addition to the 30k rebate DOES NOT mean you are not getting a great deal.

Take your argument of this post , this is for deals and leads . With that being said anyone have any luck or leads ?