Accord Sport 2.0 Deal Check

Would you consider forte gt? Maybe with 24 mo?
Should be around low 300’s

:man_facepalming: totally different class of vehicle and output is closer to the 1.5T Accord

1 Like

No hard feelings :joy:
I’m not claiming that they’re rivals or something.
It’s just another option by pricewise

1 Like

@Strz Interesting point, I will check it out again. I think if I get the Accord down to 350 - it’s worth it. I agree around $400 is not worth it. Still, I thought the almost 13 % off msrp I got was pretty solid…

Also - the RV on the Acura is about what…10% or so lower than the Honda…? I feel like if the used market is in flux, I could end up in a pickle in 3 years and end up upside down. Still, not a bad car. You really ought to test drive the 2.0 accord sport. It. Is. Fun.

@StingerTT So the thing with the miles and why I don’t worry about going over is as long as I can get at least what I owe or more (from carmax, carvana, etc.) that takes the dealer completely out of it - and I don’t worry about paying for extra miles, etc. I took the offers I’d gotten to Honda and I’m not doing a lease turn in - they are buying the car and paying off the remainder of the lease. No penalties. Otherwise yeah I agree leasing makes no sense. Also - I am not driving even half what I was right now due to covid and probably won’t be until at least January.

@Astro9 I get what you’re saying but a Forte is more comparable to my civic…which is ok but not what I wanted this go round…

@chrishs2000 I thought the same thing. I thought this would be an easy peasy thread to post like: good deal, not a good deal, whatever. I am admittedly more confused than before I posted lol! (:

Since you are a fan of Honda’s - would you agree that 12.9 % off MSRP is pretty solid? Sucks there are no incentives but I’ve heard the goal is 9 - 11% off msrp before incentives so I thought what I got was pretty darn good. Edmunds said new RV/MF will be available tomorrow so I’m holding until at least then.

Also a friend of a friend’s friend who works at a Honda dealer said there is $500 in “dealer cash” this month but the dealers will likely claim that’s built into the discount they’re giving me. Idk…

No. Right now the used car market is weird due to no inventory due to a global pandemic wiping out manufacturing ability from Tallahassee to Timbuktu.

Honda however makes it easier due to their amazing pre owned value. So your mileage may vary (hah) but err stay on the side of caution.

1 Like

Thats a lot of friends! Just check edmunds they usually have all the info even by region.

Hi was off work the last few days…I didn’t run numbers however again if you contacted 10+ dealerships and this is the best then it is either time to sign or move onto a different vehicle/brand.

Personally my experience with Sport 2.0T Customers is that everyone wants to pay the 1.5T price for the 2.0T.

2 Likes

Makes sense - I think I have found a best case scenario for this car. Edmunds says there is a $500 manf to dealer rebate, and with covid I could squeeze by on 12k miles vs. 15k. Changing the calc to reflect that (which increases the RV to 57% and my payment will be $353 - with $792 OTD. I think that’s as good as I’m going to get on this vehicle. Thanks for your input on my situation!

1 Like

That $500 lease cash is already put into the deal when being calculated. It won’t show on the deal structure because the Manufacturer isn’t allowing it to be formally advertised by dealerships.

1 Like

Meaning…you think the dealer already utilized it in the 12.9% off…? He told me there were no incentives, no dealer cash, etc. which is what made me think he isn’t acknowledging it exists…

Also - would you normally tell a dealer the offer you already have from another dealership when you first reach out or, see what they come up with without that knowledge…?

Your salesperson may not be privy to all the incentive information - or may be aware however be told not to formally mention it since the manufacturer says it cannot be advertised publicly.

I sell cars for a living as opposed to shopping for a living so I’d say ask the moochers (I mean hackrs) on here what the best route is.

3 Likes

Did they say they would by back that many months of civoc payments, you mentioned 8 months left in the lease, right? They bought back 3 months on mine.

I’m not turning in the lease which is why my miles, etc. doesn’t matter in this case. I’m selling the car either to carmax or the dealer said they would offer me more than carmax. Both are offering me more than the total lease buyout.

Does your lease buyout include your remaining payments?

1 Like

Yes - it does.

Is that really necessary on a consumer-focused leasing forum? I have plenty of things to say about dealers that I keep to myself, and I certainly wouldn’t go to a dealers’ forum and say them.

4 Likes

I thought it was hilarious! :joy: