Accord Sport 2.0 Deal Check

So a solid 8 months left. Looks like you will be closing in on nearly 50,000 miles by that time frame. You will be 14,000 over. I dont think even 15,000 miles a year would be beneficial, might be best to buy out your current lease, put new tires on and enjoy it for the time being.

By the way
What is attracting you to a new lease and the honda sport 2.0?

1 Like

@max_g Wow - this “even though you had almost two winters and 15 months left on your lease you decided you weren’t going to spend a dime on a leased car, no matter how danger it posed to yourself, your passengers and innocent bystanders.” is making a lot of assumptions and completely unnecessary - adds nothing to this discussion.

1 Like

@Batistuta “You do realize that after paying off the car you own the car and you can sell it for certain amount of money right?” Indeed I do realize this, I am not actually completely clueless.

1 Like

It may not be relevant to your deal but it is accurate. Driving on bald/worn tires not only endangers you but many others, replacing tires on a civic won’t break the bank.

You can get tires for your civic for 450 installed. I wouldn’t spend more than 100 each tire. Just make sure you compare the stats on tires (tire rack) to make the decision that best fits you and your families’ needs.

1 Like

@Traderx I’m not keeping my civic but will for sure be open to other cars as others have suggested. What is attracting me to a new lease is - this was my plan all along - lease for 2-3 years and if I have a vehicle with high RV I can move on to a new lease. I grew up and went through my twenties having one older shi* car after another, for years and years it was constant stress of what noise is it making, why is it not starting, tires blowing, etc. When you drive an aging car despite always getting routine maintenance - that is just the deal, stuff is going to go wrong. And then you get the stress of dealing with these service shops that are no better than the dealerships. I like my Civic and always have but I LOVE the accord. I know, don’t fall in love with any vehicle but it’s got basically everything I want and nothing I don’t. The dealers don’t know I love it - I only communicate via email until ready to sign (outside test drives, of course). Long answer to your question - that’s why I want to lease the accord. The 1.5 is ok…but kind of meh, family sedan. The 2.0 is a great, safe yet fun car. I’m sure there are much better vehicles but not sure how many with as high a RV and under 30k. Long answer to your question and probably TMI.

@Trato Thanks for jumping in but again - assumptions are being made. The focus should be on the lease I presented at 12.9% off which as I understand it is a really good deal for an Accord. I don’t think my current vehicle or personal financial situation is any of your or anyone else’s, concern. I am not here to be scolded, it is not material to the discussion - it’s assumptive and condescending.

I’m not keeping my civic - I could end up upside down on the lease (the only reason I’m not now is b/c of covid/not driving much for 4 months). If you have any thoughts on my accord lease I would love to hear them.

Never scolded or made assumptions. Just saying what bald tires can do and that your pricing on new tires seemed high. Seen it many times after living in states that don’t have vehicle inspections. You did introduce the tire discussion so to not expect commentary on it is interesting.

@Traderx Interesting. Wonder what trim level he got? There are like 10 in the Giulia. RV is not as good as Honda…unless we are just comparing monthly payments (which I’ve been heavily chastised for lol) but for sure - he got a great deal. Seems like a lot of great deals I’ve seen on this site are in FL.

@KCKT - Have you run the numbers vis a vis your overage miles? Does HFS offer a discount if you prepay for miles now instead of waiting for the end of your lease?

Hope this helps.

That’s 9 months. Still a ways to go.

1 Like

OP is obviously set on the 2.0 and is now aware of the risk that they could be thousands upside down in a few yours. Time to close this one down.

Yeah that’s what they were going for generally/historically but if you were lucky during certain months with the right dealers, you could even hit $220-$225 on 8th and 9th gens Sports.

Once the 10th gen came , no mas my friend.

Def would’ve jumped on a 10th gen Accord lease, but why would I pay nearly $400 bucks for that when I can lease a 5 series loaner for that kind of money?

Good Bye Honda

1 Like

Shouldn’t but my 2 cents in, but…

If you are looking to upgrade and moving on after 2 or 3 years, I think an Acura TLX would suit you well. I was driving a 2017 Mazda 6 (which I was super happy with) and only made the change b/c of how low the monthly payments worked out to be ($307, 12k/year) fory Acua. Is it the best car in the world? Nope! Better than the latest and greatest Accord, sadly probably not! Adding do I think paying approx. +$100/month for an Accord is “worth” it…no way! BTW I have never owned a Honda, so no, not a Acura “fan boy” here… instead appreciate a low cost car like this for 3 years.

1 Like

That’s the thing, none of these leases will turn out “low” cost if she’s driving over mileage at end of lease term. At least the Honda Accord would have better residual/resale than a TLX, especially now that the 2021s are all new with new power trains/architecture.

I think Op should consider a CPO accord 2.0 and just finance that.

2 Likes

I don’t really see the point in buying a CPO Accord given the current market. She’s not going to save much money and the finance rate will be higher. There’s not much initial depreciation on these cars.

I also don’t understand why this thread has gone in 20 different directions. Can’t believe no one has suggested to lease a 3 series yet :face_vomiting:

1 Like

3 Series??? NAH DISCO SPORT :triumph:

1 Like

A new Sport 2.0T MSRPs for over 31k and a used one with low mileage can go for well under 24k.

The payments are more palatable and the Crocker has already experienced a significant chunk of its depreciation. OP will invariably put on a significant amount of mileage, this strategy is to mitigate overage fees and depreciation costs.

She should be able to secure a finance rate similar to the MF.

1 Like

MSRPs…come on, you’re better than that.

Show me a low mileage CPO for well under $24k. I think you’re finding 1.5’s. You have to search by heated seats or moonroof since no search engines separate out the two trim levels.

Here’s the cheapest CPO 2.0T Sport on autotrader within 500 miles of me:

I thought you would like this Certified 2019 Honda Accord for $25,605 on Autotrader

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/211efe99

You guys should know I’m ALL ABOUT my used Hondas, but it makes zero sense to buy this car used unless you get some sort of unicorn deal.

4 Likes

Hmm, I was looking at used 2018s, but it seems the certified ones are almost to 26k. You’re right, no point in financing used unless you can finance new at 28.5k which is more than doable on selling price.

OP should consider something else if they’re that limited on budget.

2 Likes