About Marketplace

Dealer & broker advertisements.

Please review Marketplace posting guidelines here:

2 Likes

Suggestion: Maybe require all dealers/brokers, to break down the lease instead of just a payment. Actually put it into the calculator, or their own calculator, to show incentives/selling price/amount due etc.

4 Likes

Great Idea…in the spirit of being transparent, it would be nice to see details broken down vs “Great deal on an Eagle Talon TSI 250/mo.”

We all harp on how important the details are, yet, we sometimes overlook this for the brokers in the forum when a nice monthly payment is tossed down.

Utilizing the calculator links would be good, as you can then adjust for mileage or add/remove incentives to meet your specific needs

2 Likes

I think showing a breakdown of whats due at signing and a sales price would be good.

Sometimes the calc is off, and it would make a post with multiple makes and models very difficult

2 Likes

I agree, the devil is in the details, and requiring brokers/dealers to post a Calculator link keeps everything visible and transparent.

1 Like

Drive off fees + monthly payment + term + annual miles = What I’m asked about 95% of the time on a lease. When someone doesn’t want drive to my location they sometimes will ask me… “What is your selling price?” Maybe we need to add that in as well. :thinking:

I’m not sure why this is a bad thing. If transparent, there shouldn’t be any need to NOT post sales price as well. If I want to see if you’re honest, and not padding numbers somewhere, sales price would be an important number in regard to calculating that.

I’ve walked away from dealers not engaging in transparency.

2 Likes

Including loyalty in the posted ads is understandable but adding grad and OL code is a little bit too much. Maybe you can tell brokers to post their first numbers without them. Just a suggestion.

What you are saying makes sense and typically I just post with loyalty and note it however if a broker wants to include college grad and OL to make the numbers low and tease the customer who wants “the lowest payments” then it is what it is. I only say tease because if the customer is not a college grad or can’t get OL code on time then there is nothing we can do