A-Plan AND dealer discount (2018 XC90 T6)?

Not sure if I’m shooting for the moon or just being BSed by dealers.
Is it possible to get both A-Plan pricing (invoice) and a dealer discount? Dealers tout this as no-haggle price, but I have seen at least 1 example of getting both. For now I seem to be getting just A-Plan included (+incentives), which means that I have no reason to choose one dealer over another (basically same pricing structure for all of them) since no one is offering extra discounts.

Specifically I’m looking for 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum, but I guess that the question is valid for all brands.

same reply i got when i was out visiting dealers. i’m wondering the same thing but as you said i saw some posts where the discount they got was higher than the Aplan

Don’t mention A plan when you start talking to them. Most will give you about $600 over invoice and call it a day. Always negotiate it first, and then mention A plan + incentives.

While shopping for my S90, I always asked the dealer for their discount before any incentives/rebates. Aim for ~~ 10% off MSRP. After negotiations, and applying all the rebates/incentives, you should be at high 20’s% off the MSRP

Just search to see how many deals were done on S90/XC90 with a-plan and 8-10% off discount.

1 Like

Hi Ursus! When you say 8-10% discount AND A-Plan, the latter would just involve an additional $750 discount (for the XC90, anway) given that the $3,000 Volvo allowance is usually already included in that 8-10% (from what I’ve seen so far). You’re not suggesting dealers will reduce MSRP by 8-10% and then stack $3,750 from there are you?

A-plan automatically gets you 6% off MSRP without any incentives, that just the price. So you’re goal would be to get an additional 2% to 4% off the MSRP and then have all the rebates/incentives applied.

I’ve read every Leasehackr post about XC90 from the last 6 months, believe me :slight_smile:
Dealers in the bay area just don’t play the same way SoCal dealers do, I guess. Maybe people around here are more willing to pay higher prices and dealers don’t really need my business.

Just what @DNJA said - 8-10% before any incentives.

Yeah, maybe it’s your local problem. Try somewhere else, but XC90 sells well enough for them to be like this, I guess.

How do you take A-Plan into account?
If that’s not included, a 10%-8% off of MSRP of 60K (a typical XC90 T6) will bring us to 55K.
Adding $3000 (holiday), A-Plan Elite $750 and A-Plan difference (MSRP-Invoice) of ~$3500 will result in sales price of ~48K. That doesn’t sound realistic and I haven’t read any post that had such pricing.
The lowest one was dg17 with 60K–>50K.

Having A plan just get you invoice pricing + elite bonus. So on a S90, if you got 10% off on a 60k car, that would be 54k from dealer discount - 4k elite bonus - 4250 bonus cash - 4500 USE so you would be at a selling price of 41,250

Assuming last months incentives/rebates

How do you take into account A-Plan after dealer discount - is it the difference between original MSRP and invoice?

It looks like incentives are the same for 2018 S90. At least when I use the payment estimator on their mobile site. Not sure if A plan elite bonus is still enhanced or not.

Officially, 3 dealers in the bay area refused to throw in any dealer discount on XC90-T6-Momentum beyond Holiday allowance ($3000) and A-Plan (~$3500 + $750), with respect to MSRP.

So from ~$60,000 to ~$53,500, all in all. Time to try SoCal or find another car, I guess.

Looking at the XC90 T6 Momentum. I have spoken with a couple dealers that are at 7-8% off MSRP before the $3,000 Volvo Allowance and $750 A-Plan elite bonus are applied. Just to confirm, the $3,000 Volvo Allowance listed under A-plan and the Volvo holiday allowance are the same allowance, right?

1 Like

Edit: what’s posted below the line is wrong, just leaving it here for reading clarity.
The actual explanation is posted a few post down, and is basically (whatever you negotiate) - $750 for A-Plan - $3000 for Holiday allowance.

============================================
@vsommers - I think you’re mixing stuff here:

• A-Plan is for eligible members and roughly includes a ~$3500 (about 6%) price reduction from MSRP to invoice, plus another $750 elite bonus.
  • Holiday allowance is $3000 flat for everybody.

You should aim, according to people on this thread, to get 2%-4% off of MSRP, and then use A-Plan (~6% or ~$3500 off) + A-Plan Elite ($750) + Holiday allowance.

So if you’re already getting 7%-8%, you’re effectively getting about 1%-2% on top of the usual discount.

I highly doubt any dealer is going to go do a discount then apply the Aplan. A-plan is simply invoice price then you get an extra $750. THe $3k is for everyone.

How could you negotiate 4% off, then apply invoice price? That would be $60k-4% (2400) = $57,600. Invoice would be lower than that. THere is no double dip.

image hosting

The way you are explaining the math is weird. You need to attempt for 10% off MSRP, then apply A-Plan ($750) and Volvo Allowance ($3k).

2 Likes

Someone previously claimed to have received a dealer discount and the $7k ish (Aplan+750+3000) on a lease. THey supposedly got a 16% discount or something like that.

Here is the deal: [quote=“dg17, post:13, topic:25708”]
MSRP: 59,895

Dealer discount: 5,867

Incentives (Volvo Cash / A-Plan): 3,750

Gross Cap Cost: 50,278

Capitalized Fees: 775

Cap Cost Reduction (to get below $550): 22

RV: 56%

MF: .00113 before Max MSDs

Tax: 9.5%

Monthly Payment: $549

Drive Off (CCR/1st Payment/Title/10 x MSDs): 6,550
[/quote]

edit/// I’m an idiot. I see what they are doing. Getting below invoice then applying the rebate + Aplan 750