A-Plan AND dealer discount (2018 XC90 T6)?

First time posting here but been studying this forum religiously.

Here’s a first quote I got from the dealer:

2018 XC90 T6

MSRP: $69,225
Selling price: $63,488
Skylink: $895

MF: .00150
Residual: 56% (12,000 mi/yr)

Customer Cash: $3,995

Monthly payment is: $776.12 plus tax

I know I have a lot of work to do and I’m going to start with the discount off MSRP. Is the MF marked up or is this the one for December?

Any other tips?

Thanks!

@Tiko Your sales price already includes the incentives I assume? If so, you have a lot of work to do.

I did ask that question but haven’t gotten an answer yet.

@Jon you’re the first one to explain it like this and it finally makes sense! Thank you!

So it should be 10% off + $750 A-Plan + $3000 Holiday. That seems to render the invoice pricing of the A-Plan as pretty useless, as it reflect around $3500 discount overall, not close to the 10% (off of ~$60K) you’re suggesting here. Am I right?

@Tiko you should also post how many months you’re getting numbers for.

I haven’t seen them posted on Edmunds yet, i’ve been waiting to see what they are. I’m looking at the XC this month myself.

A dealer quoted me 0.00113 this morning for XC90-T6 Momentum, BTW.

This is a 39/12 lease

Correct. The goal is to negotiate the price before they even know you have A-Plan. In reality, I negotiated the price of the car in October, before I had A-Plan. At that time there was a TrueCar $750 incentive plus the $3,000 Volvo Cash.

In November, the TrueCar incentive went away, but I was able to replace it with the A-Plan VIP Bonus $750. The actual A-Plan discount to MSRP was never discussed, because I was able to push closer to 9-10% (than the 6% given in the A-Plan program).

I think I ended up at 9.8% off MSRP before the incentives ($3,000 Volvo + $750 A-Plan VIP).

Good Luck! It’s a great car.

2 Likes

Yes, your negotiated price of 10% off is a greater discount than A-Plan’s invoice pricing.

I just had a dealer email a price of $50,398 for a $59,700 XC90. This number includes the $3,000 volvo allowance but does not include the $750 elite bonus as part of A-Plan. If I include the $750, the price is $49,648.

When is the best time to bring up the $750? I’m sure he could come back and say they can only honor the $750 with the A-plan pricing, which won’t be as attractive.

@vsommers, which state/area is this, BTW?

Make sure he has told you about all fees, they can always add and put some crazy fee or number in there. Once you have all that, just casually tell him you just happen to find out you qualify and now get an additional $750. I’d reiterate that it’s coming from Volvo and not of thier pocket so there’s no reason you shouldn’t get all of it. But having he tell you all fees are included is key first.

Good call. I need to get everything else clarified before mentioning the $750.

Where are you located?

XC90 might be hottest car in nocal right now.

If anyone is interested in this car and ready to sign on the east coast that qualifies for all the incentives including A Plan, please check this: 2018 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum - $377/mo. + tax Available PM ME!

I must’ve missed this, but how do one get the A-Plan pin?

Company you work for, organization or some other organization is signed up and you get a company pin to access the A-plan website and generate a purchase pin.

How do I find out if my company participates in that program? what’s A-Plan website?

You can call Volvo and ask or ask your HR department.