Volvo XC90 A-Plan Pricing Questions, Lease vs. Buy, and General Negotiations

Hi Guys,

I’m in the market for a 2018 or 2019 XC90 in either the T6 or T8 trim. Looking back on the older threads such as this one: A-Plan AND dealer discount (2018 XC90 T6)? I noticed that the best deals are usually from a combination of Volvo incentives plus the A-Plan pricing. The promo from Costco a few months ago made the plan available for all of its members but it’s no longer available. Well here are my questions:

1. Are there any way to get a-plan pricing if it’s not available to the public? How did you get yours if you were not working for an affiliated business or used the Costco promotion?

2. Can someone screenshot or post the latest A-Plan pricing for the 2018 and 2019 XC90s this month?

Pricing:

1. Some of the older price lists on the A-Plan in earlier threads showed about $7000 off for the T6s and around $10,000 off for the T8s when you stack the A-Plan pricing ($3000 off)+ Incentives ($3000 off) + some rebates ($750) with the T8s having a higher incentive at $5000 off. This effectively brings the price down to around $49k for the T6s and $60k for the T8s. If I’m in California I should qualify for about $6500 in tax credits right? Wouldn’t it make sense to get the T8s at this point?

2. What’s your experience with the XC90 AWD T6 and T8s?

3. Do you guys have any other tips for me? Thanks everyone, I look forward to participating more in this forum.

Tim

Not on anything other than S90/V90. 8% off or more discount beats current $750 a-plan cash on XC90

Hi Ursus,

I’m waiting for the recent A-Plan price list and see what changes for the month of September when the incentives change. Last year people were getting a combined $7000 on the T6s (52k-60k msrp) and $10,000 off T8s ($52-70k msrp). TrueCar also shows that people have purchased some of the XC90s at around 11-12% off MSRP. My guess is that it’s possible, it just depends on how much the dealership is willing to sell them for.

You are confusing incentives with a-plan. A-plan cash (aka “Lease Bonus”, $750 on XC90) comes in addition to all available incentives. However, with a-plan you can only get max 6% off MSRP, while without it you can negotiate whatever market will handle - can be 11-12% or more, if lucky. But 10% off should be the target, while 8-9% is good too.

I just bought a 2018 xc90 T6 13% off MSRP. Most ppl got 15-19% last year and earlier this yr during SAMs and Costco promos. I think it used to stack but now the dealers I talk to either A plan or whatever discount you negotiated. Not able to get any dealer to stack. Lease cash was only $500 in NE but someone else posted higher (~$3000?)lease rebate in Chicago area?

Your 13% off includes retail cash (purchase allowance), right? It can be more or less than lease allowance. No one got 15-19% off without incentives, so this would be a moving target based on the month-to-month changes in Volvo allowances. I was talking about 10% off before any incentives that should be the target.

Awesome guys~ How do you like the T6? I think I"ll be happy with the T6 Momentum AWD with the black wheels. That lighter wooden trim is super nice but it’s only available on the Inscriptions.

Let’s see how the incentives would change in September.

Yes. Ur rt. 13% total. Dealers will tell me whatever incentives I brought up, “oh, that’s included in the price quote I gave you” I just gave up. As long as I can live with the final numbers. Thank you for being so patiently answering all my questions along the way though.

And you tell them “I know what incentives are, just give me the quote before ANY incentives” :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s very nice. Just a little louder than we expected cuz we couldn’t test drive it on highway. we test drove q7 on highway was much quieter. With little kids sitting in the back always want to turn the volume up cuz they can’t hear the radio drives me nuts. Xc90 does feel more leg room in 3rd row than q7.

I wish I had the luck with you on the phone like the other hacker did:) I would deflease 2 xc90 for myself and 2 for our parents if I could get $417/ mos :wink:

Hm… Don’t recall being on the phone with anyone :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks… I checked out the Q7 and the interior quality doesn’t seem to be as nice. Both are great cars but I like the Volvo better in terms of safety, design, and value. German brands tend to charge you for everything.

I am really considering buying instead of leasing this time. My last 3 cars were all leases and it’s always hell dealing with the people at the dealerships even when the deals were pretty good. I think the only way for things to go smoothly is if you give them whatever they’re asking for :persevere:

Let’s see how the incentives are in September :slight_smile: