3 row suv choices

I’d recommend checking out both.

The carnival is a vastly better usage of space.

What about a grand cherokee L? You can order them at 8.5% off msrp off.

It’s still overpriced at 9% off MSRP

2 Likes

I’ll check them both out then thank you.

I like jeep but reliability is so low and my mother had 2 jeeps. Both lemons so not really wanting to have one long term for that reason. Thanks for the thought

IIRC they’re redesigning the CX-9 this year if you’re hell bent on the mazda and can wait a bit.

@ilpapa I read about that. I don’t think we can wait a year plus the first model year is always the worst in regards to reliable and kinks getting worked out.

1 Like

How about VW atlas?

@geee I will tell my wife to look into it and I will read about it. Is it a good long term vehicle maintenance wise?

Grand Cherokee 4XE

If we ever see one delivered.

1 Like

I think Grand Cherokee is 2 row only unless it’s L, no?

Probably not. VWs have never really had a good reputation for reliability. And they briefly went to a 6yr warranty after the dieselgate scandal and then scaled it back to 4 a couple years later. What does that tell you? Guess they weren’t happy paying for repairs in years 5 and 6 out of their corporate pocket.

I’m going off a picture, waiting for these to hit lots.

It appears you don’t know what you want. Suggest reading reviews about this class of vehicle and narrow your choices.

@tpgh we do know what we want but we also are open to recommendations based off of what others experiences are.
We are going to go with the highlander as the wife thinks it’s the best long term decision.
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and post it was all very greatly appreciated.

1 Like

you going to get the platinum hybrid with all the bells and whistles?

1 Like

We have the highlander platinum hybrid, and the 32+ mpg is pretty sweet with $4 gas right now. Love the car, if things haven’t settled I’m going to extend the warranty and buy it out at the end

1 Like

VW atlas is the most child-friendly.You can have child seat on 2nd row, and bend the 2nd row to enter 3rd row. Most other suvs require you to dissemble the child seats to enter 3rd row.

1 Like

Think we are going to go with the highlander platinum. Debating the hybrid. Know we should get it but 1) like the v6 engine as it’s the same as in out Lexus RX 350 2) the hybrid has the cvt transmission. Gas prices are tough and We do have to drive to work everyday which is all highway driving. It will be the wife’s decision in the end hybrid or not.

1 Like

I would def drive both and calculate if the hybrid is worth it. It is sluggish compared to the v6 but the mpg difference might offset that for many people. You are paying a premium for hybrids so have to factor that into the equation as well.