3 row suv choices

In what way is the tech in the Palisade gimmicky at all?

I have the Telluride, which is pretty much the same as the Palisade as far as tech (except no digital gauges), and find the tech to be user friendly and useful.

In my opinion I feel some of it like the ambient lighting and the nature sounds are there just to make people say/think it is a better bang for the buck. Donā€™t get me wrong those features are nice to have and my wife likes them. Iā€™m only really concerned for reliability and long term. The palisade is in our top choices but how long Will it last in the long term. I think itā€™s a very nice vehicle, we just want it to last us thatā€™s all.

This will quickly turn into those who like hyundai kia and those adamantly against the group with justification for and against based on opinions. I used to be in the latter but have changed after owning a Telluride.

Point is the OP has their preferences and some good options have come about.

With that said, the new GCLs are nice, but expensive when compared to others.

Those features are hidden in the menu. You donā€™t come across them at all unless youā€™re specifically looking for them, so I donā€™t see how thatā€™s a problem at all. To me ā€œgimmickyā€ is when a useless feature is the focus, in place of actually useful features. This is not the case in Palisade/Telly.

Overall the tech in the vehicle is great. Iā€™ve had zero issues with CarPlay connectivity, which is something even luxury brands struggle with. The driver assistance features work very well. The blind spot video feed in the dash is nice to have. The backup and 360 camera quality is great. There are a ton of USB ports everywhere. I doubt youā€™ll find a better equipped vehicle in the class.

As far as reliability, I donā€™t think modern Hyundai/Kias are anything to worry about. For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve had my Telly for over a year (I know itā€™s not a long time) and have had zero issues. The generous warranty helps ease the mind too.

1 Like

Like I said we like the palisade alot and itā€™s a top choice for us. We have to decide soon and will update the forum with our decision, and will still take considerations and opinions as they always help.
I donā€™t want to offend others about the Kia/Hyundai they are nice and we very well may purchase one. Just trying to gain information on what is top/best right now.

The Pilot is the most outdated vehicle in this class.

If highway autopilot is something you are interested in, the palisade is way ahead of the highlander.

3 Likes

Have you looked at the Cadillac XT6? Thereā€™s a decent incentive from GM and you can add in $1,500 from Costco.

1 Like

No I have not. I will look into it but I have not heard many good things about long term reliability of Caddy. Has that changed over the recent years ?

I mostly do highway driving to and from work so that is something I will highly consider. Just have to get used to it in more used to being in control while driving. Something I can get used to though.

Strongly recommend testing it on a somewhat extended basis.
For some people itā€™s not something they want or trust, and for others itā€™s a game changer.

well if youā€™re using it for cargo then the pallisade has WAY more actual cargo space than the highlander.

definitely purchase in this category. lease deals are for the birds at the moment.

i could not disagree more.

ok yes, a hybrid highlander is unique, but finding a platinum hybrid is about as easy as finding a RAV-4 Prime on the lot.

even if that were the case the infotainment system in the hyundai far outclasses the outdated toyota system.

absolutely.

2 Likes

Quick update for the forum. Wife and I went today to look at some more options. She did not like the Subaru.
The caddy was a little to pricy for what we wanted to spend. We test drove the Mazda Cx9 signature and both liked it a lot. Went to look at the palisade again and wife said no lol.

So itā€™s narrowed down between the Mazda Cx9 signature and the Toyota Highlander platinum.
Mazda defiantly looks and feels more premium in our opinion. The highlander is not as luxurious but itā€™s nice and fits our needs. Both are basically the same price so now itā€™s just to decide between the 2.
Thanks everyone for their thoughts and more are always welcome.

3 Likes

Highlander will beat the CX9 in value retention so it will be the less expensive of the two.

It probably will be the highlander because we have a Lexus rx350 and it drives amazing. Not to say the Toyota is on Lexus status but same company so we know the breads already. But man that Mazda Inside and out felt super luxurious even having a Lexus it felt top quality. The biggest question for me is what do we see ourselves driving for 10 years plus.

I had a cx9. It felt super nice inside when I got it. It quickly turned to crap though as all the piano black picked up scuffs, body parts cracked, etc. You quickly learn that the cargo volume sucks and itā€™s a horribly inefficient use of space.

Of course, if youā€™re looking at a 3 row suv because you want cargo room, the highlander and the cx9 are probably among the worst contenders in the segment.

Well, thatā€™s not fairā€¦ could be a model y.

2 Likes

I have 2 available right now at msrpā€¦

I have no primes.

1 Like

@mllcb42 thanks for that. Really need true real advice for people that owned these vehicles. The highlander is top right now because of the v6engine and because we own Lexus but ultimately wife will decide lol.

I, and more importantly my wife who doesnā€™t normally care about cars, hated our CX9 by the end of it.

We replaced it with a Honda Passport. It was a great vehicle, especially with cargo space, albeit showing its age in the design. I took her to look at a highlander to replace it and she wanted nothing to do with it. It was underequipped for the price, the cargo space was pathetic, and it just didnā€™t interest at all. We ended up getting her a Kia Carnival, but she was also interested in a telluride or a palisade. I had a palisade previously and it was a great choice.

If the cargo space of the the cx9/highlander is acceptable, and you donā€™t really need a big 3rd row, Iā€™d get a sorento phev.

2 Likes

@mllcb42 Iā€™ll look into that Kia not the minivan lol. We donā€™t really need the 3rd row often so with the seats down the cargo space will
Be fine for groceries, stroller. As we all know the wife is always right so what she thinks our hard earned money should go towards will be the choice.