$25,698 excess wear charge for leased BMW X1!?

Should be able to just lift it right out with a coupe of guys!

2 Likes

Replacing the muffler bearings is mandatory. :disguised_face:

Keep us updated… this one is kinda wild. :popcorn: :flushed:

8 Likes

They do, being a loaner is irrelevant as to the final outcome (warranty) other than being a mule that was driven hard in the first few K. That might have something to do with the engine issue but I highly doubt it.

Has to be a screw up if the maintenance was legit, etc. BMWFS does not just try and rip people off at lease turn in with some wild claim the block is bricked.

Can we meme this ASAP?

5 Likes
1 Like

I’m finding the inverse with several transactions.

If they completed the inspection, found no issues, presumably gave you some sort of receipt stating such, how can they now come back to you for this?

I’d start recording those calls with a second phone to have everything available if one rep changes their story vs another.

Well one thing I noticed that no one else mentioned.

Should’ve gotten it preinspected, then they can blame the Dealer for F’ing it up.

They do, but it starts when the vehicle is put into service, not when you lease it.

I had a trainee changing oil in my Subaru once. Apparently he drained, but did not fill it up. I was able to turn around and go back. But I drove for a mile or two, I guess.

2 Likes

I once had a tech fill the oil but not drain it first.

2 Likes

This is better, no? :grin:

1 Like

It happens. A year or two ago a new (local) RAM 1500 had the engine blow up. They apparently failed to put the new oil in, and the guy found out many miles down the road. The truck obviously had to be towed and I think the next county over could hear the service manager. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

He also left the dip stick on top of the engine so at least the extra oil could geyser out of the dip stick tube. Probably kept it from seizing.

1 Like

I was lucky and noticed it after a few minutes. Idiots. I sold that Subaru like a month later.

A BMW lease with positive equity. That’s a really good one dude.

2 Likes

Yup, the date the warranty starts depends on the in-service date.

Since this was a 2019, it is entirely possible when this car was returned the 4/50k warranty had expired.

MY19 production started 7/2018. So depending on when the dealer put this X1 into loaner service, is when the warranty started.

$5k in the green on my M850 6 months ago