Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Damn, gotta extract that faltering equity while still can! You know, spend $$$ to save pennies!

They are really desperate

Not really. They’re just trying to spur people holding out for the BEV credit.

1 Like

1 Like

I guess my Nissan’s with 99% residual for 18 months aren’t going to have any equity in the end :rofl:

11 Likes

6 months from now…

73mxgf

41 Likes

Me in 70 years explaining how I afforded my ‘drive a new car every quarter phase’.

5 Likes

Just like Steve Jobs, but he wouldn’t now that paper plates are in. (He used to drive without plates and change his cars every 6 months)

3 Likes

Such a cool story. Basically the way I heard it was he didn’t like the ugly look of a license plate. In CA until like 2020 you could ride around with a license plate with just a big Mercedes logo for six months, legally.

Was pretty surprised at this when we moved here. So Steve just got a new Mercedes every six months so he could legally have no plates. That’s baller.

I still see people with no paper tags and just a dealer plate every once in a while, enforcement is so-so.

It was more of people couldn’t follow him as he had a Mercedes in the middle of SF (Where Mercedes ownership is pretty high). It made him hard to follow / track.

1 Like

Yea and everyone thought he had some kind of special registration barcode in lieu of plate. The amount of clickbait articles on this was insane.

Little did they know it was just a Mercedes VIN sticker and CA didn’t require temp tags.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Carvana Lays Off 2500 Employees

:rofl:

5 Likes

Homie G in trouble

6 Likes

Guy is shock why no one would buy it.

10 Likes

I…. I like it :neutral_face:

Because that’s more than it cost new?

i WaiTeD 1o MonThs FoR tHe oRdeR

5 Likes

They’ve also seemed to have omitted something else that I usually see on Tesla 4 Sale Ads:

Car has full PPF Wrap & Ceramic Coating. Detailed 1x a month.

7 Likes

Is anyone looking at KBB private party values? Right now higher priced used cars don’t seem to sell, so I draw a hard line at 5K below trade in value.