Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00055
Residual: 61%
Incentives: $3,000
Region: Vegas, baby!
Leasehackr Score: 10.2
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Alfa_Romeo&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=42700&sales_price=32700&months=24&mf=.00055&dp=0&dealer_fee=500&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=1000&sales_tax=8.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

1 Like

So the other night we struck a deal on a Giulia. You can read it here: 24 Month Alfa Romeo Giulia $416!

It was a little higher than I wanted to pay due to a doc fee. So I asked them to tint the car and they said that they would but they need approval and thought that they would get it the following day. It was 9pm Monday and they close at 8pm so they told me to come in the next day to sign. Finally on Tuesday I heard back and they said they got approval for the deal. But the finance guy called out sick. They offered me the car as a loaner for a day (Tuesday) and to come in the following day (Wednesday) to sign. When I picked up the car on Tuesday I noticed bumper rash and it was slightly loose. Maybe the clip? They took photos and said he would put a work order in to take care of itā€¦ so I drove the car for a day (as a loaner) and although I liked it a lot I got several warning messages. I wrote them all down so I could have everything fixed. The day came and went without a call so I called them around 6pm Wed. The manager apologized and said he forgot about me. So I asked if I could get another loaner and drop off my car and get all of the items checked out by service, and when they are all ready and the car is fixed, then I can come in and sign. So he said ā€œsure, weā€™ll take care of you. Come in tonight and swap carsā€¦ā€
So I did. And he apologized again. I believe he is sincere. He went through my maintanence list and said they would knock it all out the next day (Thurs) except for the bumper rash bc they do not do body work and the tint themselves. He said he would have to schedule those services with another company and write a ā€œgreen slipā€ (maybe IOU?) when I sign my deal.

This seems so strange to me. The dealership seems pretty unorganized. I donā€™t know if they are swamped or if they are all new and there is a steep learning curve or if they are trying to reneg my deal or if they have a trick up their sleeve or if it is all innocent.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? I have never seen anything like this before. I havenā€™t paid a penny or signed one document. I have had a ā€œloanerā€ car the whole time! Should I be patient or do I need to run away, lol?

Thank you!

I dunno this was moved but I see it as two different topics but oh well.

Because itā€™s about the same topic. Hence one topic.

The dealer is giving you free loaners when you havenā€™t even signed anything and apparently doing their best to take care of you, address the issues and close the deal on the carā€¦what exactly is the problem?

4 Likes

Well I donā€™t know if there is a problem, lol. So I thought Iā€™d ask the pros on the forums. As I said I believe this dealer is sincere.

What underhanded shenanigans could the dealer be pulling that involves giving you free loaners when you arenā€™t even a customer yet?

The simplest explanation is usually the bestā€¦they are trying to fix the car, close the deal and keep you happy.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

Itā€™s decent tho

The manager is off today. I guess Iā€™ll try another day lol

In the meantime enjoy complimentary rentals on brand new Alfa Romeos :+1:

1 Like

Yes next time I need a long term rentalā€¦ we should start a Rentalhackr forum! I could be the first postšŸ˜Ž

2 Likes

This just gets weirder and weirder. I called the service dept today and they had no info about my car. Hadnā€™t seen it, no work order, no nothing. I told them where I parked it - right in front of the garage - and he said they didnā€™t have any Giulias in my color today. He took down my number and said heā€™d return my call. He did not.

Later I called back and asked to speak to financing to see if my paperwork actually was in the process. They found me and said I was ā€œapprovedā€. I explained the loaner situation and he explained that everyone is new and nobody has experience with Alfa Romeo and I should give it some time. He took down my number and said that he would get to the bottom of this and call me back. He did not.

Now I was reading on some Alfa Romeo forum that a lot of dealerships have recently closed. I wonder if that is what is going on! It is just weirdā€¦

I had AR Giulia for a year. Absolutely loved the drive, best fun car at price point. Hated the trunk size and gas mileage. I had 2 electrical issues:

• One morning, car was dead. No power. Got towed to dealer, was a bad battery. Same thing happened 2 months later, and then a 3rd. They finally told me to turn some bluetooth settings off which was draining the battery. How a bluetooth does that is beyond me.
  • Couple of times, after I lock the car, the screens would remain on and would not shut down. Have to power cycle the car many times.

The above was my experience. Had to take in dealership 3 times. I loved it but hey, it had issues. Think carefully if you really want this particular carā€¦

Collect ALL the Check Engine Lights!

(2nd) OP should at least try the coffee in service before signing, youā€™ll be drinking a lot of it.

Gorgeous and fun like any hot, bipolar, European 8-10. Donā€™t expect Lexus reliability if you want to turn that many heads. Drive it like itā€™s stolen and always keep tips for the tow truck driver in the glovebox.

2 Likes

Just a quick update after calling the dealerā€¦
ā€œCan we get a good number and call you back?ā€ Considering they are closed on Sundays I can not imagine getting into (and paying for) an Alfa in less than a week. I am not complaining but if this is a dealer trick Iā€™d like to be one step ahead of them.

Just an updateā€¦
I am going into my 10th day driving this free loaner. Alfa dealership has not returned one call/email. I believe that they will call me tomorrow and tell me ā€œsorry itā€™s November - incentives changed and you can pay moreā€. Or that they will close down tonight.
So I made a deal out of state. Even though I signed for the car, I do not want to post the deal until the car is home with me. Stay tunedā€¦

1 Like

What sort of paperwork did you sign when they gave you the loaner? Or what did you sign for the car that theyā€™re fixing and tinting for you?

As much as this dealer appears to be incompetent, Iā€™m curious as to their reaction when you bring the loaner back and tell them that you donā€™t want the original car.

1 Like

Sounds like he can just drop the loaner late at night and put the keys in a drop box and nobody will care or know who it was for or who to follow up with!

1 Like

I signed a credit application. I provided proof of insurance for the loaner. Other than that I havenā€™t signed a damn thing.

1 Like

I sure hope they wouldnā€™t hold out until Nov incentives to try and pull a quick one on you.

But if they do then your interim out of state purchase would be warranted. In the meantime drive that free loaner like itā€™s stolen!