Dealer Games? Advice Needed!

So the other night we struck a deal on a Giulia. You can read it here: 24 Month Alfa Romeo Giulia $416!

It was a little higher than I wanted to pay due to a doc fee. So I asked them to tint the car and they said that they would but they need approval and thought that they would get it the following day. It was 9pm Monday and they close at 8pm so they told me to come in the next day to sign. Finally on Tuesday I heard back and they said they got approval for the deal. But the finance guy called out sick. They offered me the car as a loaner for a day (Tuesday) and to come in the following day (Wednesday) to sign. When I picked up the car on Tuesday I noticed bumper rash and it was slightly loose. Maybe the clip? They took photos and said he would put a work order in to take care of it… so I drove the car for a day (as a loaner) and although I liked it a lot I got several warning messages. I wrote them all down so I could have everything fixed. The day came and went without a call so I called them around 6pm Wed. The manager apologized and said he forgot about me. So I asked if I could get another loaner and drop off my car and get all of the items checked out by service, and when they are all ready and the car is fixed, then I can come in and sign. So he said “sure, we’ll take care of you. Come in tonight and swap cars…”
So I did. And he apologized again. I believe he is sincere. He went through my maintanence list and said they would knock it all out the next day (Thurs) except for the bumper rash bc they do not do body work and the tint themselves. He said he would have to schedule those services with another company and write a “green slip” (maybe IOU?) when I sign my deal.

This seems so strange to me. The dealership seems pretty unorganized. I don’t know if they are swamped or if they are all new and there is a steep learning curve or if they are trying to reneg my deal or if they have a trick up their sleeve or if it is all innocent.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? I have never seen anything like this before. I haven’t paid a penny or signed one document. I have had a “loaner” car the whole time! Should I be patient or do I need to run away, lol?

Thank you!

A post was merged into an existing topic: 24 Month Alfa Romeo Giulia $416!